Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Netformer...eating all the pies, Testing: 1.6 (15-Aug-2011) for 3.2

Tip us?

dmeehl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossev View Post
At 1.4, i have some erratic behavior with the dock deleting 2 chacters back at the same time, running prime 1.3

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

FYI, I had this exact same problem and I'm not even rooted, so it may not be due to your new kernel. Either hard reset or re-dock fixed it. I can't remember which.

funnycreature
Old
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
Think bigger
I refuse to think it could be the Tab 10.1... So I go with the XOOM

AT&T Galaxy Note II running DS NE5; ASUS TF101 running andros11's LiquidSmooth 4.1.2 RC9; MotoACTV running DPRomBeta9.
Learn how to resize your UCCW widgets according to your launcher grid layout in BRKotucs theme thread.
Looking for an Office Suite for Tablets? Check out my comparison (Updated 02/17/2013)!

axe2
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just an FYI... I have been using 1.0 for a couple of days, with max set to a conservative (default) 1GHz, and I've gotten 2 SODs in as many days. I never had them prior to installing this kernel. I'm trying 1.1 now.

That said, is there any way that you can turn on swap? I'm running an Ubuntu chroot, and I'd like to see how it works with heavy usage.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

corwinmortac
Old
Thanks Meter 23
What a bunch of crap...I used to like Engadget...

Engadget - Eee Pad Transformer gets overclocked to 1.4GHz, deemed less than stable http://engt.co/jur5AW

unknown_owner
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmnash View Post
Ill give this a go after the speaker issue gets fixed and netflix gets added. Once thats done I'll be on that donate button like white on rice.

Sent from my Dell Streak using fingers
I lost my left speaker a while ago but it's back! I have been flashing Roms all day Sunday and clearing user data and all. I never tested the speakers until late last night and both are at default levels (sounds equal on both sides). I also flashed the netformer experimental kernel 1.0. So I have prime 1.3_us with netformer kernel 1.0. Not sure what fixed it but I will monitor it.

Haven't done 1.1 yet.

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corwinmortac View Post
What a bunch of crap...I used to like Engadget...

Engadget - Eee Pad Transformer gets overclocked to 1.4GHz, deemed less than stable http://engt.co/jur5AW
lol@ "someone in the XDA forum" as if archy isn't known already.

seshmaru
Old
Thanks Meter 354
I like how I tipped this to them three days ago with photos for proof, credits to netarchy and links to all the sources and they apparently "got it from lilliputing".

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru View Post
I like how I tipped this to them three days ago with photos for proof, credits to netarchy and links to all the sources and they apparently "got it from lilliputing".
Engadget sucks. I tipped them about the Google Voice+Sprint integration going live days before they posted it about it and nothing. Maybe once archy drop kicks SoD, then he will be something more than 'someone in XDA' to Engadget.

Anyway, back on topic: 1.4 GHz has been very stable even at v1.0.

coolbho3000
Old
(Last edited by coolbho3000; 23rd May 2011 at 09:16 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 761
Netarchy, is the kernel for the Transformer based on Google's 2.6.35?

EDIT: NVM, filing through your github now I think you could very easily get it up to 1.5GHz. Take a look at the modifications I did on the Xoom (https://github.com/coolbho3k/Xoom-OC....36-honeycomb/); did you adjust the power regulators for the increased voltage at 1.4? I think 1250 mV is stable at 1.5 for most people on the Xoom.
Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
Control your Android phone's CPU! SetCPU for Root Users
Follow me on Twitter!

Like my work? Buy SetCPU on the market or buy me some [insert drink here].

netarchy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbho3000 View Post
Netarchy, is the kernel for the Transformer based on Google's 2.6.35?

EDIT: NVM, filing through your github now I think you could very easily get it up to 1.5GHz. Take a look at the modifications I did on the Xoom (https://github.com/coolbho3k/Xoom-OC....36-honeycomb/); did you adjust the power regulators for the increased voltage at 1.4? I think 1250 mV is stable at 1.5 for most people on the Xoom.
I don't intend for 1.4 to be the max, it's just the current max ;D

Regarding voltages, there is plenty of room for refinement in finding perfect voltages (not to mention some of the current settings are largely for my local testing for other purposes).

Been helped by my efforts? Feel free to

(Funds go towards world domination... or possibly beer)

[My Github] [My Twitter]
[Got win? TeamWin]

The Following User Says Thank You to netarchy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]