credits to this guide: http://www.zenilshroff.com/how-to-ro...ad-smartphone/
1. First download the Gingerbreak.apk file.
2. Save on your computers desktop.
3. Connect the phone to your computer. (do not connect using htc sync)
4. Mount SD card as flash drive as you generally do for USB cable file transfers.
5. Copy the downloaded Gingerbread apk file to SD card root.
6. You should have any File Manager (e.g., Astro File Manager) on your phone. If not, download from Market. These are generally free apps.
7. Disconnect your phone from computer and launch File Manager. You will find in the menu of the phone.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions on File Manager to install APK to your phone from SD card root. You may also use the default application installer software to do this.
9. After installation completes, open the APK.
10. Press ‘root’ button. Simple, isn’t it?
11. The APK exploit will run for some time. Usually it runs for around 10 minutes. Your phone will be rebooted. In case it takes more than ten minutes for auto reboot, please reboot it yourself. Not to panic, this happens a lot of times.
12. Your device is now rooted. Congrats!
13. Make sure that SuperUser app is installed and is running. This is very important for you to enjoy the benefits of rooting.
In order to test if your phone has been successfully rooted, just click a screenshot of your phone. That should show that your phone has been rooted.