[TUTORIAL] UOT Kitchen
Who wants to change battery icon and status bar layout, there is a great solution...
Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/
My tutorial is tested with GINGERBREAD 2.3.3, so KP8, KP9, KPB and KPE and Villain ROM....
For Android 2.3.4 you have to use yours framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from XXKPH....
NO ROOT OR DEODEX NEEDED....
Thanks to user xdajohn we know, that tutorial works for FROYO too... maybe rename of UOT .zip file to update.zip will be needed....
1) After you check what you want (don't forget press "Generate Preview") on the tab "FILE UPLOAD" you have to upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" which you can download here: http://goo.gl/l3NNW
2) On the tab "SUMMARY" press "SUBMIT WORK TO KITCHEN"
PS: "Boot animation" is not compatible with Galaxy ACE.! Also Emoticons and Window Glowing...Maybe later...
3) After that you will get name for .zip file with your customization on the page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/
Generating .zip file can take of 5min to 30min
example of .zip file name: "UOT-05-13-04-27-1"
3) after you get .zip file you have to replace in this zip file "update-binary" (use only Winrar
..!) file location is "META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary" you have to download new file here and replace by this file: http://goo.gl/ptMaz
4) don't rename .zip file and copy it directly to the SD card (not at any folder)..
5) turn off phone and restart at RECOVERY MODE - middle button OK + turn ON - hold both buttons until you will see SAMSUNG on the display...
6) go to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and find your .zip file on the SD card
(for navigation use volume buttons and OK button)
7) after update successes "reboot system now" and thats it...! :)
MIUIAndroid Team Member
MIUI CZECH & SLOVAK Developer and Translator
MIUI Multilang builder and Project leader HERE
MIUI CZECH & SLOVAK FORUM