Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] Modified 3e Recovery

Tip us?
 
h8rift
Old
(Last edited by h8rift; 4th June 2011 at 05:27 PM.)
#1  
h8rift's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,810
Posts: 1,851
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry [RECOVERY] Modified 3e Recovery

Dani897 has already made a discussion of this, but I'm moving this information over as an official post in the Infuse 4G section as well.

This is from existz/untermensch's thread. I take no credit. See here for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=909213

Making this modification will allow you to flash un-signed .zip files due to signature verification being turned off. (3e requires root)

* Download and extract the .zip
* Use a terminal emulator or ADB Shell and mount system as read/write.
* For backup purposes, use adb or root explorer to rename the current recovery file in /system/bin to recovery.orig
* Use a file manager (Root Explorer) and copy the new recovery file to /system/bin
* Reboot and your 3e (Froyo stock) recovery will no longer require signature checking.

You can now use this recovery or use the CWM from Captivate (posted in another thread here).

I am not responsible if this bricks your phone. This is easy cheese...just follow these steps.

Download:
3e Recovery w/o signature verification

Youtube video using Root Explorer from gtg465x (Make sure to Thank him!!)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DarkH2O
Old
#2  
DarkH2O's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 55
Join Date: Feb 2011
You actually tested this on an Infuse?
 
h8rift
Old
#3  
h8rift's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,810
Posts: 1,851
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkH2O View Post
You actually tested this on an Infuse?
Yes. it is working on mine right now.
 
Dani897
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 3,539
Join Date: Aug 2010
i already tested this days ago and cwm

except using truselos super easy batch script to make it even more easy for people to use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1086622

still there is disbelief. yes people it works! im not sure what trouble people are having flahsing roms but cwm and 3e can flash .zip files just fine. i expected to see some flashable mods and themes by now. i have successfully flashed files for testing purposes and im not too advanced of a user. i planed to post some things like a market fix and such but i have been disrtacted.
 
h8rift
Old
#5  
h8rift's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,810
Posts: 1,851
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897 View Post
i already tested this days ago and cwm

except using truselos super easy batch script to make it even more easy for people to use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1086622

still there is disbelief. yes people it works! im not sure what trouble people are having flahsing roms but cwm and 3e can flash .zip files just fine. i expected to see some flashable mods and themes by now. i have successfully flashed files for testing purposes and im not too advanced of a user. i planed to post some things like a market fix and such but i have been disrtacted.
Dani, i completely agree. If you notice, I made mention of your testing at the top of the article.

Now that there is a dedicated thread, its much more likely to be realized that this works FINE. I think once I get a tester for the Odin package I slapped together to get us back to stock in case we brick, and get it successfully setup, i'll put a thread out and we can REALLY get to work on some ROMs.

So far, this phone's software is nearly identical to the Captivate, meaning we will just need to port from the Captivate and we will have a mass of ROMs in no time!
 
Dani897
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 3,539
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
Dani, i completely agree. If you notice, I made mention of your testing at the top of the article.

Now that there is a dedicated thread, its much more likely to be realized that this works FINE. I think once I get a tester for the Odin package I slapped together to get us back to stock in case we brick, and get it successfully setup, i'll put a thread out and we can REALLY get to work on some ROMs.

So far, this phone's software is nearly identical to the Captivate, meaning we will just need to port from the Captivate and we will have a mass of ROMs in no time!
as soon as we get some kernel dev on this thing i agree. porting will be easy. thanks for the write ups too. are you planning to get a second phone? i would test if i had two of them. my captivate will go to my brother, if it weren't for that id have probably bricked it and begged some people to try making new odin packages for me to fix it.

i understand that after a brick the user hates not having the phone and may be very tempted to return it but it is helpful to everyone to try all you can to recover it. if mine bricks im using the insureance plan and saying it was stolen, then i will have a dedicated test phone.
 
h8rift
Old
#7  
h8rift's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,810
Posts: 1,851
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I have an Atrix as well, but would prefer someone who may have already bricked to try this package that i wrote up this morning.

I dont mind someone wanting to swap.their phone...but i literally need about an hour or two of time with the brick's user and its very likely that we will have working Odin....and then you and i...as well as others... can do kernel and rom deving nearly immediately. We have source already, so we only need to test this safety net . PM me if you find someone who is bricked or is willing to test!!

-h8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897 View Post
as soon as we get some kernel dev on this thing i agree. porting will be easy. thanks for the write ups too. are you planning to get a second phone? i would test if i had two of them. my captivate will go to my brother, if it weren't for that id have probably bricked it and begged some people to try making new odin packages for me to fix it.

i understand that after a brick the user hates not having the phone and may be very tempted to return it but it is helpful to everyone to try all you can to recover it. if mine bricks im using the insureance plan and saying it was stolen, then i will have a dedicated test phone.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
If you like my work or if I've helped you, please consider the "Thanks" button or donate if you wish. Join #cm-htc on Freenode to chat about CM HTC devices!

HTC One - M8 - CyanogenMod: 11.0
HTC One - XL - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10 | 9
HTC One - VX - *coming soon*
HTC First - *coming soon*

Previous Work:
HTC One - M7 - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 -- Maintainer: intervigil
HTC One Mini - CyanogenMod: 11.0 -- Maintainer: u-ra
HTC Vivid 4G - CyanogenMod 10 -- Support halted.


Data needed to troubleshoot CM issues
 
Realityfalse
Old
#8  
Realityfalse's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange Park, Fl
I have a bricked Infuse im not sure what caused the crash. I was running stock rooted by the super one click method and was uninstalling an app when it went all black except the bottom keys. Doesnt do much of anything else now. I attempted an odin fix someone suggested to no avail. I can get into download mode still but nothing else. Id be willing to try anything to unbrick it .
 
budco2000
Old
#9  
budco2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tampa, Florida
it's working for me, I unzipped, put the file in my dropbox, downloaded the file on phone from dropbox, used root explorer to mount, (I'm already rooted) copied the file, went to system/bin, renamed the original, then pasted the new file, rebooted, flashed CWM to captivate, and rebooted into recovery, and it works. I still have my HTC Inspire, i'm on a 30 day run here to see if i like the infuse. So far it's the best GPS i've had, and i've had a lot of phones. I hate to think I spent 600 bucks on a another captivate. I had that phone as well, but so far i really like it.
 
budco2000
Old
#10  
budco2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityfalse View Post
I have a bricked Infuse im not sure what caused the crash. I was running stock rooted by the super one click method and was uninstalling an app when it went all black except the bottom keys. Doesnt do much of anything else now. I attempted an odin fix someone suggested to no avail. I can get into download mode still but nothing else. Id be willing to try anything to unbrick it .
if you can get into download mode I personally would try running the captivate odin and see what happens, buts that's just me lol. I'm a risk taker lol.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes