Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ODIN][UCKD5] Odin - Stock (100% or Root+3e) - (Update 06/05/11)

OP h8rift

23rd May 2011, 04:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,845

1,857 posts
Donate to Me
More
This will flash the stock kernel, modem, system, dbdata and cache. There's no need for a pit since we do not have any other OS versions to flash yet that would re-partition your device.

Instructions:
1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed.
2) Please unzip the .zip file.
3) Run Odin3 v1.81.exe (as administrator if you are on Windows 7)
4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, press and hold both Volume keys, put battery in and plug the USB cable in)
5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
5) Click the PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file in the .zip.
6) Press Start.
7) After it completes, it will reboot your device and should boot up like normal. If it fails on flash see FAQ Question 4 below!

There is ALWAYS risk when flashing your device. Unfortunately, I will not be held responsible. Please use this as a means to get back to stock if something happens.

* DO NOT FLASH PIT (PIT not included).
* DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING IN ODIN EXCEPT "AUTO-REBOOT" AND "F. RESET TIME" (should be checked by default)

FAQ:
Question 1: Why does it have .md5 at the end?
Answer: Its in md5 format so in case your download is corrupted, you dont brick your phone.

Question 2: Can I rename it to just .tar and flash?
Answer: DO NOT rename it from md5 format. If it says the md5 sum is invalid, then it will not flash. Just re-download again and try again.

Question 3: Why does it give an error if i try to open in in 7zip/WinRAR/WinZip?
Answer: It should! Windows doesn't recognize when an md5sum is written to the end of a file. Don't panic!

Question 4: It passed the md5sum check, but failed writing on factoryfs. What do I do?!?
Answer: This is exactly what happened to me. Don't panic. Follow these steps exactly:
* Hold the power button to turn off.
* Make sure Odin is still open.
* Plug the USB cable in and hold the volume keys down at the same time. You will be on the screen with a "Phone ! PC" screen.
* Press Start on Odin.
* Once it completes, it will boot up into recovery. Don't worry about wiping cache or user data. Just choose "Reboot Device".

This flash takes quite a long period of time due to the size of the files. I'd say it took me 5 - 10 minutes for the flash to complete. Be patient! Afterwards it booted up with recovery, and chose Reboot Now.

* codeworkx - for the advice and assistance!
* beatblaster - First tester after a bad framework-res update.
* Realityfalse - Second tester
* dotsad - Third tester
* imnuts - Very Helpful advice and instructions for Odin installations!
* My Infuse - Fourth and final tester (thought I lost her for a minute there!)

Download Links:
UCKD5 Stock + Root + 3e Modded Recovery
UCKD5 100% Stock (no root, no 3e Modded Recovery)
Last edited by h8rift; 5th June 2011 at 07:21 AM.
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2011, 05:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 292

1,680 posts
Donate to Me
More
What a life saver
23rd May 2011, 05:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

62 posts
I second that, up and running again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
23rd May 2011, 05:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 19

139 posts
More
not working
sitting at Samsung boot screen for 20 minutes now! Cant get recovery. any ideas?

Tried re-flashing multiple times. downloaded from mirror. same thing. reboots after odin is successful then sits endlessly at Samsung boot logo.
Last edited by rblankman; 23rd May 2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Odin went fine. passed everything, rebooted and sits at samsung boot logo. do we check re-partition?
23rd May 2011, 08:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 684

3,539 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblankman

sitting at Samsung boot screen for 20 minutes now! Cant get recovery. any ideas?

Tried re-flashing multiple times. downloaded from mirror. same thing. reboots after odin is successful then sits endlessly at Samsung boot logo.

go into the thread from lost1 with the stock rom and find the pit.pit file in the "additional" download. try that with repartition selected.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1084837
Last edited by Dani897; 23rd May 2011 at 08:49 AM.
23rd May 2011, 09:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
More
Though it's too late for me to try it myself, I'm sure this will be a great help to everyone! Thanks so much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
23rd May 2011, 09:40 AM   |  #7  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

go into the thread from lost1 with the stock rom and find the pit.pit file in the "additional" download. try that with repartition selected.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1084837

same thing what i have to do ?
23rd May 2011, 10:30 AM   |  #8  

3,539 posts
More
well use the .tar file in this thread, put it in the pda slot in odin. put the phone in download mode and connect it to the computer. have auto reboot selected. and hit start.

if that doesnt work then try it again except put pit.pit in the pit slot and the .tar from this thread in the phone slot, select repartition, put phone in download mode, connect it to the computer and hit start.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dani897 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2011, 10:51 AM   |  #9  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

well use the .tar file in this thread, put it in the pda slot in odin. put the phone in download mode and connect it to the computer. have auto reboot selected. and hit start.

if that doesnt work then try it again except put pit.pit in the pit slot and the .tar from this thread in the phone slot, select repartition, put phone in download mode, connect it to the computer and hit start.

did you fix your phone and work fine now or still his lock Bootloader ?
23rd May 2011, 11:39 AM   |  #10  

3,539 posts
More
no it was someone else. i have fixed my captivate many time though. that would have normally been my next step if it didnt work the first time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread