1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed.
2) Please unzip the .zip file.
3) Run Odin3 v1.81.exe (as administrator if you are on Windows 7)
4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, press and hold both Volume keys, put battery in and plug the USB cable in)
5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
5) Click the PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file in the .zip.
6) Press Start.
7) After it completes, it will reboot your device and should boot up like normal. If it fails on flash see FAQ Question 4 below!
There is ALWAYS risk when flashing your device. Unfortunately, I will not be held responsible. Please use this as a means to get back to stock if something happens.
* DO NOT FLASH PIT (PIT not included).
* DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING IN ODIN EXCEPT "AUTO-REBOOT" AND "F. RESET TIME" (should be checked by default)
Question 1: Why does it have .md5 at the end?
Answer: Its in md5 format so in case your download is corrupted, you dont brick your phone.
Question 2: Can I rename it to just .tar and flash?
Answer: DO NOT rename it from md5 format. If it says the md5 sum is invalid, then it will not flash. Just re-download again and try again.
Question 3: Why does it give an error if i try to open in in 7zip/WinRAR/WinZip?
Answer: It should! Windows doesn't recognize when an md5sum is written to the end of a file. Don't panic!
Question 4: It passed the md5sum check, but failed writing on factoryfs. What do I do?!?
Answer: This is exactly what happened to me. Don't panic. Follow these steps exactly:
* Hold the power button to turn off.
* Make sure Odin is still open.
* Plug the USB cable in and hold the volume keys down at the same time. You will be on the screen with a "Phone ! PC" screen.
* Press Start on Odin.
* Once it completes, it will boot up into recovery. Don't worry about wiping cache or user data. Just choose "Reboot Device".
This flash takes quite a long period of time due to the size of the files. I'd say it took me 5 - 10 minutes for the flash to complete. Be patient! Afterwards it booted up with recovery, and chose Reboot Now.
* codeworkx - for the advice and assistance!
* beatblaster - First tester after a bad framework-res update.
* Realityfalse - Second tester
* dotsad - Third tester
* imnuts - Very Helpful advice and instructions for Odin installations!
* My Infuse - Fourth and final tester (thought I lost her for a minute there!)
UCKD5 Stock + Root + 3e Modded Recovery
UCKD5 100% Stock (no root, no 3e Modded Recovery)