Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modern combat 2

Tip us?

jacob808
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Modern combat 2

I saw this game in the market, looks awesome, but I read a review that it's incompatible with the g2x. My question is, does modern combat 2 work on this phone. I really want to buy it.Thanks.

Carloswithac
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob808 View Post
I saw this game in the market, looks awesome, but I read a review that it's incompatible with the g2x. My question is, does modern combat 2 work on this phone. I really want to buy it.Thanks.
Not on CM7. Get Samurai Revenge II. Awesome game!

jacob808
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
Not on CM7. Get Samurai Revenge II. Awesome game!
Thanks for the suggestion, but I really want Modern Combat 2. I didn't root, and am running on stock. I'm assuming CM7 is a modified ROM. Would Modern Combat 2 run on stock G2x?

mr.orange303
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob808 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but I really want Modern Combat 2. I didn't root, and am running on stock. I'm assuming CM7 is a modified ROM. Would Modern Combat 2 run on stock G2x?
Gameloft.com it works. And buy 1get 1 free.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

jacob808
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange303 View Post
Gameloft.com it works. And buy 1get 1 free.

Oh really? But do I have to go to Gameloft.com? I wanna do it from the android market from my phone. Is the one from the market compatible and do you have the game? thanks

mr.orange303
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Oh yeah I got it. Works great from gameloft.com I didn't buy it from the market because I wanted the free game.

Its a cool game. I also picked up eternal legacy.

Both for 1 price. Gotta love that.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1306203093669.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	605537  

jacob808
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange303 View Post
Oh yeah I got it. Works great from gameloft.com I didn't buy it from the market because I wanted the free game.

Its a cool game. I also picked up eternal legacy.

Both for 1 price. Gotta love that.

I tried buying out from the game loft site but had technical difficulties so I just bought our from the market.any way it works although I bought out because of the gyro controls.how am io suppose to enable it?

btate0121
Old
Thanks Meter 38
i would suggest anyone looking for gameloft titles to go the gameloft.com FROM YOUR PHONE. you can 1)charge to your phone bill 2) there's a buy one get one free sale 3) if you buy via the sale... they're cheaper than buying regular (ie.. buy NOVA standalone is 4.99.. purchase on sale it's 2.99 PLUS a free game). I spet 12 bux and got a ton of great games that all work on the g2x. BUY THESE GAMES. Support gameloft so they can stop being punks and GO INTO THE MARKET FULLY.

<<< now awaiting the arrival of Order and Choas and 9mm. My days are getting longer...
Solus Christus

Vegito168
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by btate0121 View Post
i would suggest anyone looking for gameloft titles to go the gameloft.com FROM YOUR PHONE. you can 1)charge to your phone bill 2) there's a buy one get one free sale 3) if you buy via the sale... they're cheaper than buying regular (ie.. buy NOVA standalone is 4.99.. purchase on sale it's 2.99 PLUS a free game). I spet 12 bux and got a ton of great games that all work on the g2x. BUY THESE GAMES. Support gameloft so they can stop being punks and GO INTO THE MARKET FULLY.

<<< now awaiting the arrival of Order and Choas and 9mm. My days are getting longer...
That sounds great and all........but what about for us addicted with flashing ROMs. My experience with Gameloft.com in the past, is as soon as I switched ROMs I could no longer use the game because it was purchased under the previous ROM. I don't know if things changed, but it seemed Gameloft used to have their games on lock down pretty well before. If things have changed and we can use the same .apk throughout multiple ROM swithches, then sweet I'll be all over it. So let me know if anyone has tried purchasing these games off of Gameloft.com and tried using them after flashing different ROMs.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)

Previous Devices: LG G2X, HTC EVO 4G, HTC HD2, Nexus One, Nokia N900, Xperia X1i

btate0121
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I use titanium backup to restore em.. no problems what so ever chief. I just flashed back from CM7 (2.3) to stock today.. picked up right where I left off.

Also make sure you keep you're APKs in case you need to reinstall. secondly.. i read somewhere yesterday (and tested it) Gameloft lets you redownload apps as long as you can log back in.
Solus Christus