Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

file encryption that is dropbox and multi-platform?

Tip us?

miatawnt2b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default file encryption that is dropbox and multi-platform?

I am looking for a file encryption app that is dropbox and multi-platform compatible. I currently use a truecrypt container stored in dropbox for sensitive files that I need under both windows and Linux. Unfortunately, truecrypt doesn't exist for android. So I'm looking for alternatives.
thoughts?
-J

Syperus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in the same situation. Been hoping truecrypt would come out as an app, but no luck yet. I've been looking at RR File Locker. Looks pretty good and has some good reviews.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

johantheolive
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have connections with people in investigation / forensics work, and if you have a decent lengthed truecrypt key then they aren't getting anywhere near your files. Honestly, I would stick with it as it's a proven application and provides top notch encryption.

sharkynolike
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default wuala?

Maybe not answering your question exactly but you guys may want to check out Wuala. It works similar to dropbox (but has even more features) and securely encrypts your data before it leaves your machine (unlike dropbox). And of course, there is an android app.
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkynolike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayson269
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkynolike View Post
Maybe not answering your question exactly but you guys may want to check out Wuala. It works similar to dropbox (but has even more features) and securely encrypts your data before it leaves your machine (unlike dropbox). And of course, there is an android app.
Hey thanks sharkynolike. I was looking for something like DropBox but due to their security model I was not impressed. DropBox can (if they need to. i.e. warrant, etc) access your files. Wuala encrypts before the file is sent. No one but you has the password.

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I did not know about Wuala. Just got storage space there. It is going to make a great backup location and the crypto sells it.

Skickat från min ASUS Eee Pad TF101

crislev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default pgp?

Have you Considered pgp? Agp on my android and gnupgp on my pc combined with dropbox works for me...

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkynolike View Post
Wuala seems to fit the bill and has a nice interface. Thanks

sharkynolike
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson269 View Post
Hey thanks sharkynolike. I was looking for something like DropBox but due to their security model I was not impressed. DropBox can (if they need to. i.e. warrant, etc) access your files. Wuala encrypts before the file is sent. No one but you has the password.
This is exactly the reason I recently switched from Dropbox. So far, I am really enjoying Wuala as it does everything dropbox could, plus more. I also like the fact that you can gain additional free storage by trading local storage. Anyway, glad you found it useful.