5,594,386 Members 35,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

pre applied factory screen protector ?

Tip us?

ll_l_x_l_ll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default pre applied factory screen protector ?

Hi

is there a pre applied screen protector on the xperia play? Isit removable ?

Because i m lookin at used one right now in my hand and it has small scratch. But i almost see a screen protector too. Bu i coud be wrong

gunstar3035
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Yes its there, ALL Xperia phones since x10 have it. It scratches very easily but will prevent the glass from cracking from a fall.

I ripped mine off as soon as I got in my car. Screen feels so smooth and so much nicer with it off, not all plastic and junky.

With my x10 I ripped it off the day I bought it, and it never ever got a scratch.

I bet the screen is perfect I say take a chance and buy it!

ll_l_x_l_ll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstar3035 View Post
Yes its there, ALL Xperia phones since x10 have it. It scratches very easily but will prevent the glass from cracking from a fall.

I ripped mine off as soon as I got in my car. Screen feels so smooth and so much nicer with it off, not all plastic and junky.

With my x10 I ripped it off the day I bought it, and it never ever got a scratch.

I bet the screen is perfect I say take a chance and buy it!
How did you remove it ? I have been trying since forever

gunstar3035
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll_l_x_l_ll View Post
How did you remove it ? I have been trying since forever
I just lifted a corner with a needle very very carefully to the point where I could grip in and start pulling straight down and away from the phone. It will be tough but just keep going and it should just peel right off.

AriStar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Keeping needles in your car?

gunstar3035
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriStar View Post
Keeping needles in your car?
Tattoo Artist, I have sharp objects everywhere lol

dsswoosh
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Some Xperia Play's come with an 8gb sd card, some come with 16gb.

I believe the 8gb ones do not have the screen protector fitted, and the 16 gb ones do.

Mine came with 16 gb and a screen protector fitted. Maybe someone with an 8gb version could clarify that they didn't get one fitted?

Factory fitted screen protectors rock. No air bubbles, no dust, just a pure crisp clean fit.

I would advise leaving it on. You will never get it as good as they can.

AriStar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsswoosh View Post

I believe the 8gb ones do not have the screen protector fitted, and the 16 gb ones do.

Mine came with 16 gb and a screen protector fitted. Maybe someone with an 8gb version could clarify that they didn't get one fitted?

Factory fitted screen protectors rock. No air bubbles, no dust, just a pure crisp clean fit.

im in canada, with 8GB, seems like its on there. it sucks cause it scratches easy.

ll_l_x_l_ll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstar3035 View Post
I just lifted a corner with a needle very very carefully to the point where I could grip in and start pulling straight down and away from the phone. It will be tough but just keep going and it should just peel right off.

i cant figure it out. its an 8gb xperia. which is fine and enough for me. but i cant tell if thats a screen protector or the screen looks like it has a screen protector. i am almost positive it has a screen protector but i couldnt take out with my nails. usually i am able to with any screen protector i apply . but this one i cant even move it.

so either that its super hard to get out. or there is no screen protector but the screen it self has some sort of a layer that looks like a screen protector

gunstar3035
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsswoosh View Post

A) Yes the 8gb devices have the film...its not a screen protector its a FILM or a "shatter proof sheet". Read anything about it being scratch resistant? NO

B) It does NOT rock it makes the device feel cheap, and it does NOT protect against scratches, it picks many more up.

C) Its nice you would leave it on, but for the rest of us that dont want our device cheapened by that plastic JUNK on our screens, we will remove it. Thanks.

Its a STANDARD that SE apply to ALL their phones from the Xperia x10 up. Every device I have seen from SE (here in Ontario, Canada) has had one...they are annoying and I wish SE would stop using them.