As many of you know, the newer Nook Colors come with a partitioning that allows 5GB of space (/data -- ext3 partition) for apps and B&N books/etc, and 1GB of space (/media -- FAT32 patition) for user side-loaded content. The older Nooks had the reverse: 1GB for /data, and 5GB for /media.
I first documented a manual process for reverting the newer B&N partitioning back to the old partitioning, here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=110 Upon several requests, I have automated it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129
Someone in that thread requested that I repost the information here, so that it could be "pinned". Therefore, I have reproduced and expanded that information here (I now regard the above thread as dead for this purpose).
- You must have ClockworkRecovery installed on the Nook Color, or on a bootable SD card which accesses the Nook.
- You must backup everything you wish to save, or archive it on the B&N site, because this will clear all your data on the device:
- /data partition (0p6)
- /cache partition (0p7)
- /media partition (0p8)
- The following partitions will not be touched:
- /boot partition (0p1)
- /rom (configuration) partition (0p2)
- (hidden) recovery partition (0p3)
- /system (whichever operating system you have) partition (0p5)
- If you have added additional partitions (eg, via "internal dual boot": http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959461 -- unlikely, given an existing 5GB/data partition), you must uninstall/remove them first.
- The usual non-warranties apply.
- Download and copy to an SDcard, ONE of the following repartitioning install packages:
- To use B&N v1.1 "old" 1GB "/data", 5+GB "/media" partitioning: http://www.mailpen.com/download/repa...1GBdata-v1.zip
- To use custom 1.96GB "/data", 4+GB "/media" partitioning: http://www.mailpen.com/download/repa...2GBdata-v1.zip
- To use B&N v1.2 "new" 5+GB "/data", 1GB "/media" partitioning: http://www.mailpen.com/download/repa...5GBdata-v1.zip
- Also download and copy to an SDcard, the following install package: http://www.mailpen.com/download/reformatData-v1.zip
- Boot into ClockworkRecovery with the above SDcard inserted in the Nook Color.
- Install the repartition package from the SDcard, to repartition /data (0p6), /cache (0p7), and /media (0p8).
- Mandatory REBOOT into ClockworkRecovery.
- Install the reformat package from the SDcard, to reformat (and clear) /data (0p6), /cache (0p7), and /media (0p8).
- If you backed up the B&N "/data" partition, then you should be able to restore and continue without reregistering, but don't count on it (you may have to reregister).