Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you prefer Android SD/RAM boot or NAND boot?
SD/RAM 94 77.69%
NAND 27 22.31%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

[Coming Soon][NativeSD] Portadroid NSD v6.0 (for NAND Roms)

Tip us?

fflakes
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using your 0.1v. ram.

If I use the portadroid and insert the updated oxygen rom, can I use the old data.img? Thanks, looks like alot of potential with this kit.

yugoport
Old
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityo97 View Post
you already tried using this one?
cant wait to hear your review...
ok, just to give one insight:

amazing, i still cant believe we can boot desire and hd2 nand roms directly..

so far:

very easy and fast installation, tried the recomended desire rom that is very light and it seems to have a good battery drain;

the kernel used is tytung_r10 that we already know, but this time bluetooth is working

wifi is working with adhoc connection, phone is working, camera and camcorder working, no FCs, no slowdowns, so far so good, will make more tests tomorrow, have to sleep..
Demon_man Old
Thanks Meter
WOW
This is awesome, seen as I have no micro usb port on my phone anymore I can try Nand builds again, great work mate.

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 72
So, I tried this with Darkstone's build, which I love and used for a long time until the build kept giving me many FC's.

2 things: 1 - I couldn't find a META INF file in Darkstone's build. 2 - when I went to edit the startup txt, it already said ported_rom=desire

I can't get this build to boot up. The first time it did a quick reboot to WM. Now it just hangs on the screen with the small writing. Several battery pulls and the same result.

I have followed instructions to a T, as outlined above.

Also reformatted SD card and re-installed stock ROM prior to loading Android.

Any suggestions?

ebliss
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Is there a Darkstone Desire build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8108 View Post
So, I tried this with Darkstone's build, which I love and used for a long time until the build kept giving me many FC's.

2 things: 1 - I couldn't find a META INF file in Darkstone's build. 2 - when I went to edit the startup txt, it already said ported_rom=desire

I can't get this build to boot up. The first time it did a quick reboot to WM. Now it just hangs on the screen with the small writing. Several battery pulls and the same result.

I have followed instructions to a T, as outlined above.

Also reformatted SD card and re-installed stock ROM prior to loading Android.

Any suggestions?
Advice on ROM flashing:
Looking for the best ROM?

Want to sync files between computers and mobile devices with 5GB of free storage?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy S2 (retired): VillainROM with VRTweaks

HTC HD2 (retired): Windows ROM: kwbr | Android ROM: Portadroid SuperRAM

"Give a man a fish, he chokes on the fishbone and die.
Teach a man to fish, he falls into the sea and die."

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebliss View Post
Is there a Darkstone Desire build?
To quote darkstone himself in the first post of the above linked thread:

- 'The base rom is from AdamG's OxygeN Desire rom which has been modified by myself.'

I may be way off - I am not a hip techie like most of you - I am a 52 year old grandma who likes android on her HD2 and has been using android SD builds for quite awhile. I know how to follow instructions pretty well, which has taken me a long way here in the android world of HD2

I just can't figure out what I'm missing to get DS's SuperRAM build loaded with Portadroid.

ebliss
Old
(Last edited by ebliss; 25th May 2011 at 06:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
I had Darkstone's SuperRAM Froyo before. There isn't a meta-inf and system folders. There is only a system.ext2.

This Portadroid build is for porting Desire ROM and nand ROM. Both have meta-inf and system folders in their zip files.

So it's possible this will not work. Are you using a old data.img?

Edit: Just a thought
Since the contents in meta-inf and system folders are copied into the newly created system.ext2, maybe you can try placing the system.ext2 (that you have from darkstone's build) into the main folder itself (ie. Android) and not in the "root" folder. And also to delete the reboot file as well. The reboot file will cause the system to rebuild once the system.ext2 is created (it is not there originally) and gets deleted after that. If you keep trying to copy the whole thing into the directory everytime it fails, then, well, it gets rebooted always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8108 View Post
To quote darkstone himself in the first post of the above linked thread:

- 'The base rom is from AdamG's OxygeN Desire rom which has been modified by myself.'

I may be way off - I am not a hip techie like most of you - I am a 52 year old grandma who likes android on her HD2 and has been using android SD builds for quite awhile. I know how to follow instructions pretty well, which has taken me a long way here in the android world of HD2

I just can't figure out what I'm missing to get DS's SuperRAM build loaded with Portadroid.
Advice on ROM flashing:
Looking for the best ROM?

Want to sync files between computers and mobile devices with 5GB of free storage?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy S2 (retired): VillainROM with VRTweaks

HTC HD2 (retired): Windows ROM: kwbr | Android ROM: Portadroid SuperRAM

"Give a man a fish, he chokes on the fishbone and die.
Teach a man to fish, he falls into the sea and die."

adityo97
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoport View Post
ok, just to give one insight:

amazing, i still cant believe we can boot desire and hd2 nand roms directly..

so far:

very easy and fast installation, tried the recomended desire rom that is very light and it seems to have a good battery drain;

the kernel used is tytung_r10 that we already know, but this time bluetooth is working

wifi is working with adhoc connection, phone is working, camera and camcorder working, no FCs, no slowdowns, so far so good, will make more tests tomorrow, have to sleep..
and.. how many internal memory did u get?
1gb? 512mb? 256mb?
phonesupersonichw003recoveryamonra-smelkuslauncherstock/somethingtweaksc.o.d
phonedreamG1hw32Arecoveryamonralauncherstock/something
phoneAndromaxU/innos9chwQualcommGSM+CDMArecoveryTWRPlauncherJBstock/something

efebe
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Anyone know how to fix the SU app, to let apps have root access?

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebliss View Post
I had Darkstone's SuperRAM Froyo before. There isn't a meta-inf and system folders. There is only a system.ext2.

This Portadroid build is for porting Desire ROM and nand ROM. Both have meta-inf and system folders in their zip files.

So it's possible this will not work. Are you using a old data.img?

Edit: Just a thought
Since the contents in meta-inf and system folders are copied into the newly created system.ext2, maybe you can try placing the system.ext2 (that you have from darkstone's build) into the main folder itself (ie. Android) and not in the "root" folder. And also to delete the reboot file as well. The reboot file will cause the system to rebuild once the system.ext2 is created (it is not there originally) and gets deleted after that. If you keep trying to copy the whole thing into the directory everytime it fails, then, well, it gets rebooted always.
There IS a system folder inside the Root folder of Darkstones unzipped zipfile. And there is a system.ext2. I may download the zip again to see if the meta-inf file is missing for some reason. There is not this file in my darkstone zipfile.

I tried Portadroid first with a blank 1 gb data img that I use in all my SD builds, but after failed boots, I removed it and tried to reboot. This time I got hung on the small text screen.

Hmmm. Maybe I needed to reformat after removing the data img? do I need to include a smaller blank data img? Don't most builds build their own data img if it's not included in the android file?

Well, headed to get some sleep. I'll try again in the morning.