[MOD][THEME] Basic Black (5.24.11)

Search This thread

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
Hey all.

I was messing around today and decided to post this. If not for the current lack of development, I probably wouldn't even post this. ;)

Just push twframework-res.apk with adb, root explorer or root manager. be sure you overwrite the existing .apk.

The screenshot posted below was taken on the fly. you'll notice I'm using TEAM AERODKNG's Notification bar... Frankly, their theme is radness, but I thought maybe someone would want a little change! :)

word up, folks. happy MoDding.

Attachments

• twframework-res.apk
    609.7 KB · Views: 211
  • screencapture.jpg
    screencapture.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,175

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
Hey all.

I was messing around today and decided to post this. If not for the current lack of development, I probably wouldn't even post this. ;)

Just push twframework-res.apk with adb, root explorer or root manager. be sure you overwrite the existing .apk.

The screenshot posted below was taken on the fly. you'll notice I'm using TEAM AERODKNG's Notification bar... Frankly, their theme is radness, but I thought maybe someone would want a little change! :)

very nice! I would like this but without the status bar, something in me doesnt want to replace stock with stock.

I hear yah on posting things like this because Roms arent available yet. But, then again, Im new and a didnt teach myself how to theme/make Roms yet.

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
very nice! I would like this but without the status bar, something in me doesnt want to replace stock with stock.

I hear yah on posting things like this because Roms arent available yet. But, then again, Im new and a didnt teach myself how to theme/make Roms yet.

It shouldnt change ur status bar. I know alot of folks are using it. ( i like gb, personally.) would u mind testing?

:)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
Yep! Thanks!
And by ur status bar, im talking about ur mod. My gf uses it and loves it! (@ werk or id get her to test.)

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
Yep! Thanks!
And by ur status bar, im talking about ur mod. My gf uses it and loves it! (@ werk or id get her to test.)

Quick question, is this twframework-res supposed to replace framework-res? If not i screwed up. I havent had to restore from CWM, anyway I can get my backup restored? I copied the original to SD.

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
Quick question, is this twframework-res supposed to replace framework-res? If not i screwed up. I havent had to restore from CWM, anyway I can get my backup restored? I copied the original to SD.

There is no framework-res.apk only twframework-res.apk.... ? What did you replace?
Cwm? u cant restore with our cwm 3 beta. Just push via adb or super manager.

Last edited:

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
There is no framework-res.apk only twframework-res.apk.... ? What did you replace?

LOL Corradokng hooked it up with a flashable framework-res.apk. Im back and will try this again. Im a goof ball and didnt check but since im back up i went into system/framework and see the following files, twframework-res.apk and framework-res.apk. I mistakenly changed the name and pasted, which softbricked.

I slapped myself in the head and tested again. Worked like a charm! I like the look, way better than before.

NOTE: Copy file to System/Framework folder

Last edited:

rickyy00

Apr 14, 2011
Miami
i wanna test it out. could just explain to me what you mean by push? where or oveer what do i put the .apk? thanks

rickyy00

Apr 14, 2011
Miami
LOL Corradokng hooked it up with a flashable framework-res.apk. Im back and will try this again. Im a goof ball and didnt check but since im back up i went into system/framework and see the following files, twframework-res.apk and framework-res.apk. I mistakenly changed the name and pasted, which softbricked.

I slapped myself in the head and tested again. Worked like a charm! I like the look, way better than before.

NOTE: Copy file to System/Framework folder

but when you copy it to system/framework what do you replace?

rickyy00

Apr 14, 2011
Miami
Ok so what i did was i put the file the op made on my sd card. then i went into root explorer system/framwork found the tw-framework file you were talking about and moved it to another file on my sd card and pasted the file the op gave in system/framework but nothing happened? reboot?

Success100

Jan 31, 2008
Cleveland
Ok so what i did was i put the file the op made on my sd card. then i went into root explorer system/framwork found the tw-framework file you were talking about and moved it to another file on my sd card and pasted the file the op gave in system/framework but nothing happened? reboot?

try supermanager, root explorer for some reason hasnt been playing to nicely with system files and binary files.

if your follwing the process verbatim and nothing is happening try super manager or another file manager with root permissions. It should work without a hitch

rickyy00

Apr 14, 2011
Miami
try supermanager, root explorer for some reason hasnt been playing to nicely with system files and binary files.

if your follwing the process verbatim and nothing is happening try super manager or another file manager with root permissions. It should work without a hitch

yeah i ****ed up my phone. everything started force closing and i had to odin my phone back to stock kd1

badb4lyfe

Dec 28, 2009

Wat do u mean by u can't do a restore with cwm beta 3?.... i have had crash issues and restored my fone 4times already from recovery....... so i'm guessing ur sayin i'm lucky? i didnt know or think restore and backup was an issue on cwm_Beta3..

Harhar321

Dec 24, 2009
Are you saying you have successfully done a full restore of a full nandroid backup?? If so that would be a big deal since I think that was the last issue with the cwm beta. Drhonk was saying he got a full restore to work at least without error but it hung on reboot.

ryan4130

Feb 23, 2011
philly
@Ricky download file to your computer hook your phone up to the computer mount phone to computer (USB mass storage) right click file go down to send to and send it to the proper mass storage for your phone I have vista so that's how it works for me that should put the file on the root of your SD card open root explorer first go into system/framework go down to the twres apk long press it and select copy you will see paste at the bottom of your screen hit the back button twice go down to SD and put the copy in any sub folder you may want I use downloads then go down to the new file on your SD card from robbitt long press it hit move go back to system/framework in the upper right hand corner you will see a r/w press that then hit paste it will say it already exists do u want overwrite click yes back out then reboot should work with no problem.I think what u did was move the orig twres file instead of copying it hope this helps you.And thanks to robbitt love this mod sometimes its just the little things :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all.

@Ricky download file to your computer hook your phone up to the computer mount phone to computer (USB mass storage) right click file go down to send to and send it to the proper mass storage for your phone I have vista so that's how it works for me that should put the file on the root of your SD card open root explorer first go into system/framework go down to the twres apk long press it and select copy you will see paste at the bottom of your screen hit the back button twice go down to SD and put the copy in any sub folder you may want I use downloads then go down to the new file on your SD card from robbitt long press it hit move go back to system/framework in the upper right hand corner you will see a r/w press that then hit paste it will say it already exists do u want overwrite click yes back out then reboot should work with no problem.I think what u did was move the orig twres file instead of copying it hope this helps you.And thanks to robbitt love this mod sometimes its just the little things :)

+1

Just the pulldown

Allright mad props on this one. Looks great. With all this Modding my phone s finally feeling like a one of a kind device. Hope to see more from u in the future. Thanks and keep up the good work.