Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio ACTIVE Case Review

Tip us?

VDub2174
Old
(Last edited by VDub2174; 25th May 2011 at 03:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default Seidio ACTIVE Case Review

I was given the opportunity to review the ACTIVE Case for the Samsung Galaxy Tab by Seidio. Iíve purchased other cases before but they did not fully have what I wanted in a case. Seidio asked if i wanted to review a case for them and I happy to do so. Once the case came in, I was in love. It has everything I wanted in a case and more!

Interior Casing
The first part of the ACTIVE Case is the Interior Casing. Itís a rubber sleeve that absorbs shock if you drop your tab. This sleeve slips onto your tab very easily and , in my opinion, is a must-have for any case and tab owner. A tab can be heavily damaged if dropped and this casing prevents that from happening. The Interior Casing also has holes for all ports and camera so thereís no need to remove it when connecting a charger or earphones. Also, there are power and volume buttons etched into the casing to make them easy to locate when your tab is in the casing. Lastly, the Interior Casing fits right around the edges of the tab so it doesnít block the capacitive buttons. People like myself that have had a case that makes it difficult to press the capacitive buttons will be happy to see how much space the casing doesnít take up.

Hard Exterior Skeleton
The second part to the ACTIVE Case is the Hard Exterior Skeleton. This part snaps on top of the Interior Casing for added protection. This makes it so that if you were to drop your tab, the back and corners would be even more protected from impact. To me, this is a necessity while traveling because you never know when youíll drop your tab. I like how thereís a hole for the camera lens in this as well so you donít have to remove the exterior skeleton to take pictures. Seidio definitely had the picture/video junkies in mind when they thought of this.

Convertible Mounting Cover
The third and final part of the ACTIVE Case is the Convertible Mounting Cover and this part is my favorite! This cover is the icing on the cake. The most obvious function of the Convertible Mounting Cover is that it protects the screen once snapped on to the front of your tab. It is very durable and and rugged. The second function of the Convertible Mounting Cover is it acts as a stand. One thing I look for in a case is if it doubles as a stand. Inside the cover thereís an adjustable support tab so you can angle your tablet to your desired height. This is perfect if you use your tab at your desk like me.

Final Thoughts
Out of the cases that Iíve owned before, the ACTIVE Case is by far the best case! Although it has different layers to it, they all snap together to keep things neat and clean. Iíve been looking for a case that not only protects my tab, but that is also very versatile. The only downside I can see with this case is the fact that itís a little heavy compared to other cases. Thatís a small price to pay when you have a case that does and has everything. Iím glad Seidio presented me with the opportunity to review this case for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_174125.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	606316   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_174051.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	606317   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_174103.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	606318   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_174210.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	606319   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_225509.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	606472  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110524_225540.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	606473  
The worst foe lies within the self.....
Get yourself some Dropbox space: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

gordata
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Nice review. You forgot the picture of the tab inside the case without being turned into a stand. You didnt forget, i just would like to see it :0)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

VDub2174
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Thanks!! I added two more pics
The worst foe lies within the self.....
Get yourself some Dropbox space: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa