Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root Problems Help Urgent pleaase

OP saifbunni

25th May 2011, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
k after i finally succeeded to downgrade (thinkin that the hard part is done!!!!), i cant get past step 1, i keep gettin either "waiting for device", or htc black screen, or nothing happens. step 2 is even worse, all i get is "device not found", or loads of "FAILED". ive reinstalled htc sync 2, uninstalled htc drivers.
i think it seems that my computer is not recognising the phone as an android device, cos everytime i connect it, win7 seems to automatically install drivers (nd i cant stop that) and recognises it as HTC ANdroid Device (it appears as a "Disk Drive")..... tried to use htc sync, phone keeps searching nd it fails.. help please i cant use my phone

ive managed to install adb drivers but it only recognises phone when is turned on normally, but wen i go into fastboot or recovery, it doesnt show any adb devices....
do i hav 2 install drivers 4 each mode????? id pay sum1 2 do this 4 me.
Last edited by saifbunni; 25th May 2011 at 04:46 AM.
25th May 2011, 03:05 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
comon ppl, i will actually give u sum money if u help me out through the whole thing, (no joke)

updatE: done step 1, but step 2 cant be done cos computer doesnt recognise the phone as android in recovery mode.....it comes up as usb mass storage nd i try to update drivers nd comes up with error...
Last edited by saifbunni; 25th May 2011 at 03:57 PM.
25th May 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

166 posts
try running another OS...
i had problems with mine as well on win7 32 bit... so i used winxp on vmware
and everything went smoothly...

make sure you get the HTC Sync 2.33 or you can use PDANET to install the drivers
25th May 2011, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
installed pdanet, same thing, evverything is awsome till i enter recovery wher the stupid **** drivers turn into "mass storage" and the android phone disappears....(using vista 32 now)
25th May 2011, 08:06 PM   |  #5  

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifbunni

installed pdanet, same thing, evverything is awsome till i enter recovery wher the stupid **** drivers turn into "mass storage" and the android phone disappears....(using vista 32 now)

Try booting to normal mode, then connect the device to the computer as a removable disk (or connect your sdcard to the computer with an sdcard to usb adapter)
After that, put on your sdcard the recovery update.zip found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969076

after that, boot in recovery. press vol-up + power and choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"

Then you'll get a CWM recovery menu where you can install any ROM (should put the ROM on the sdcard ofcrouse), and that saves you from running step2.
25th May 2011, 08:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
oh great stuff, i pressed apply update, then i get "signature verification failed", this seems way better than havin 2 go through step 2. how do i fix it though? thx 4 reply
also it says E: cant open cache/recovery/command
its not workin man, any1 ?????
Last edited by saifbunni; 25th May 2011 at 11:29 PM.
26th May 2011, 12:30 AM   |  #7  

47 posts
Try using this one - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXYUQUOP
(it's 100% working)

About "E: cant open cache/recovery/command" ignore it
26th May 2011, 12:46 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
thats the same 1, i replaced it, nd still doesnt work man. still "signature verification failed"
also do i need 2 do step 1 again like if i boot phone into normal, then come back to it, will that affect step 1? maybe thats y?
Last edited by saifbunni; 26th May 2011 at 12:50 AM.
26th May 2011, 01:31 AM   |  #9  

47 posts
Are you sure step1 was finished successfully?
When you run it you need to make sure in the CMD window that there isn't any FAILED at the end

didn't understand your second sentence
26th May 2011, 02:09 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
omg it turns out that it didnt step 1 cos i didnt insert the goldcard (i feel stooopid)
now all is good, i got into the recovery menu nd now installing new rom. one thing, do i need to wipe cache or play with the other options before installing new rom??? or do i just press install zip from sdcard? thx 4 help, finally sumthing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread