Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 41,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD2 ToolBox app and linux Hot BootLoader

Tip us?

dan1j3l
Old
(Last edited by dan1j3l; 28th May 2011 at 12:47 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 223
Default HD2 ToolBox app and linux Hot BootLoader

After a long time it's a moment to realease HTC HD2 ToolBox app with HBL. Small app that will allow you to boot linux inside android, and display everything on screen or through VNC connection. ToolBox app is also redesigned and added some new functions.

In pack is barebone debian distro with xfce4 interface.

There is also posibility that this app and HBL will work on other phones like leo (desire, nexus one ...)

Everything else you need to know is in Readme file.

Bug reports or suggestions on this thread, i'll answer when i'll get some time.

Enjoy !!!

EDIT: I added Readme file to this post so lazy people can read everything before downloading pack, or asking silly questions!

EDIT 2: I'm currently working on support for sdcard roms and other non-working builds. Also i would like to mention that is possible to run ANY linux distro with HBL (with some modifications) or even to run another android rom!
So consider this early versions only as "technology preview", more support and bug-fixes in next few days...

P.S Thank you all for your support !

Download Link
Attached Files
File Type: txt Readme.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 2884 views)
Follow dan1j3l on twitter
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to dan1j3l For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hd945157206
Old
(Last edited by hd945157206; 31st May 2011 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
wow awesome

Ramidalf
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Does it work within Android like vns versions?

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 740
I've been waiting for (something similar, but this should do the work) such an app.
Thank you.

@hd# ..
Read the "Read-me" file ?
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

OnePlus One: Carbon 4.4 with Franco kernel.

Robbie P
Old
(Last edited by Robbie P; 25th May 2011 at 08:04 PM.) Reason: twiddling thumbs
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,947
been waiting for this too.
But my broadband is down and I've already exceeded my monthly data allowance using wifi tether (500mb !!!)
... might have to do it anyway

Edit; still downloading... I assume there is no sound enabled on this

jams90
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Question hi

can i boot ubuntu with it?
The Following User Says Thank You to jams90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alltome
Old
Thanks Meter 28
hi first big thanks for your hard work.

now i need some help to get linux running from HBL.

im using kingdom sense3 rom from dungphp.

i installed hd2 toolbox and copied linux folder to root of sd card.
i installed HBL (Busybos is installed in version 1.19.x.x) i took rootexplorer and give /system/bin/ write permissions for owner/groups/others.

But i need initd support: what i have to do to get this?? or is it on my rom?

please help cause at the moment ive bootloops everytime i want to boot linux.

diesburg
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Thank's a lot for this! I've been waiting for this for for a while!!!
Check out these android websites I host! http://pio-masaki.com and http://android-files.com Need file hosting for your ROMs? Email jeff@diesburg.info .

diesburg
Old
(Last edited by diesburg; 26th May 2011 at 02:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 100
So if I understand this right.... which I don't think I did at first..... this is basically the same thing as booting ubuntu and connecting to it with vnc, the ubuntu that is in another thread.... i ask because what I am looking for is usb host support.... which I don't believe is possible with the other ubuntu that boots in android.... and I think if I undestand this right... is not possible with this one either......i do appreciate the work done on this app a lot.... but to me, it's useless unless usbhost is supported because of tiny menus and buttons not being easily clickable with fingers..... so I want to use my wireless mouse that has a usb receiever......

edit: download finally finished, I tried it out.... I really like it, couple questions.... is it normal for shutdown not to work? I chose to boot and show on local screen instead of vnc..... when I did that, it started fine, I messed around a little, then tried to shutdown... it said shutdown command failed or something similar.... then rebooted android..... and when you choose to boot on local screen, is this kicking android out so it's only linux, kind of like haret and booting android from winmo off sd? And last, is it possible for usbhost?

Edit2: I could barely see the text at the bottom of the hotboot screen that says to use log out feature to return to android... I did that instead of shutdown, there were no errors and it went to my android boot animation, then booted back to android just fine.....
Check out these android websites I host! http://pio-masaki.com and http://android-files.com Need file hosting for your ROMs? Email jeff@diesburg.info .

Ramidalf
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Its working well. Thanks .I have the same question as Diesburg does. One more how to make right click.