XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update 1.141.xxx

Tip us?

texonex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Update 1.141.xxx

I just received an update from Acer. Version 1.141.xxx where xxx are numbers that I can't remember. I got this by manual update. I think this is an update version for the U.S

Gubi99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I got the Update here in Germany

The version is 1.141.01, also by manual updating ...

swaggerjacker
Old
(Last edited by swaggerjacker; 26th May 2011 at 08:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Got it too. But mine failed. Said update was invalid. I'm rooted but only froze certain apps. Unfroze them before update. Guess I should have rebooted. Are you guys rooted? Did they include a change log?

*** Rebooted and manually updated. Updated successfully. Now to find out what was changed...added

Duke

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

texonex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Yep mine fail the first time. Tried to download and install the second time and it was successful
The Following User Says Thank You to texonex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

texonex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
sweet, wifi stable, GPS, I got a location fix for the first time. I am happy
The Following User Says Thank You to texonex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crummel
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I reverted all renamed apks (like Email.apk and Phone.apk), unfroze disabled apks, I even unrooted my Iconia, rebooted it prior to updating, but the update still fails.

I've deleted some apks a while ago, but restored those files from a backup, but only the apk-files, no odex-files, assuming that those will get generated.

I will try the update later at home, where I have my power supply. Maybe it fails because of running from battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to crummel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

texonex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Update requires the unit to be plugged in and battery level at least 30%

babyboy8100
Old
Thanks Meter 11
wow this is my 3rd time it failed twice already...
I'm rooted but don't know what's really causing the fail.
It reboots the bar goes half way then stops?
Galaxy S3 - Rooted t(-.-t)
Acer iconia A500 rooted
Epic Touch 4G rooted- Calkulin's rom
Evo4G - Early Retirement
Nexus S 4g -Rooted Retired.
Nexus One - Rooted. - ICS -Retired
G1 - Rooted - retired

cloudedone
Old
(Last edited by cloudedone; 26th May 2011 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Mine is a stock US 16GB WiFi model. The update failed the first time but worked when I manually asked it to update. It asked that I please keep it connected to the charger during update but I had 70% battery so I left it unplugged and it worked fine. I am now at the firmware version mentioned above.

When mine failed it happened immediately after downloading the update. It never rebooted into recovery to perform the flash. If its failing during the flashing step, my guess is that you've missed something when reverting everything. You'll probably have to dd a working image before proceeding or find out what app is screwed up / mismatched.

Fumetsu
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Mine also failed initially until it was plugged in. Make sure you're plugged in before applying the update.