Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trident Kraken now out!

Tip us?

ThatFool
Old
(Last edited by ThatFool; 27th May 2011 at 09:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Trident Kraken now out!

The kraken series for the TB is shipping now in red and pink!

http://www.tridenteer.com/categories/HTC-ThunderBolt/
The Following User Says Thank You to ThatFool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

awwilson21
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I've never seen one of those cases, they look pretty sweet!!!!

heffe2001
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Says in the description that it comes with a belt-clip/holster, guess I'll order the green when it comes in stock, if they don't add much bulk over the Seidio Active I'm using now..

clintb
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I just received the Trident Aegis case, in black, for my TB and can tell you this is one very high quality case. I had an Otterbox Commuter for my DINC and it was kinda cheesy for the price. The Aegis is what I'd consider the equivalent of the OB Commuter, but much higher quality. If anyone is sitting on the fence deciding between the Otterbox Defender and this newly released Kraken, I'd lean towards the Kraken.

Breezer23
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I'd like to get the Aegis case - anyone know of any coupon codes?

himmelhauk
Old
(Last edited by himmelhauk; 27th May 2011 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
What an awesome looking case! Great find I like that it has the dust covers over the mic and cam. And here I was all set to buy an Otterbox Defender case tomorrow lol.

The Seidio Defense case they sell at Best Buy under the name PT is pretty solid as well, it has a rubber covering over the cam that you just flip around when you need to use it, but I had to pass on it since it has no built in screen protector. I enjoy having a completely wrapped phone.

After perusing the Aegis cases, I gotta say I love the color/pattern scheme of it, but I would prefer the protection the Kraken offers, though I'm not as big on the Kraken look. Such a tough choice!
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 Temasek

Friends don't let friends buy Apple

Zomb!e
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintb View Post
I just received the Trident Aegis case, in black, for my TB and can tell you this is one very high quality case. I had an Otterbox Commuter for my DINC and it was kinda cheesy for the price. The Aegis is what I'd consider the equivalent of the OB Commuter, but much higher quality. If anyone is sitting on the fence deciding between the Otterbox Defender and this newly released Kraken, I'd lean towards the Kraken.
Would you mind posting pics if you can?

Sent from Zeus' Thunderbolt

Breezer23
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Those of you with either case - how bad is it with lint? I heard these cases are terrible with lint.

heffe2001
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
Those of you with either case - how bad is it with lint? I heard these cases are terrible with lint.
I have an Aegis on my Nook Color, and it does attract lint on the rubber bits. Wouldn't be a huge deal for me as I don't put mine in my pocket normally (I use the belt clip on my phone pretty much all the time).

Anybody who ordered the Aegis for the TB, did it have a clip included, or is it just the case only?

Dorlisa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Aegis series is just the case... I use it with the Seidio Active Holster I bought...