FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD]Droid X2 Mirror APK

26th May 2011, 08:16 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
I just got a hold to my friends X2 and ripped the entire system partition from it which of course includes the Official HDMI Mirroring from Motorola. Pushing to my phone shortly to see if it works on the Atrix and if so I will be posting the APK. There are also some other nice apps on the X2 that arent included on the Atrix and if they work after testing, I will post them as well
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to playin4sheezy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th May 2011, 08:22 PM |#2  
dubyajaysmith's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=988852&page=9

I dl x2 system dump and pulled out apk and odex file. Was unable to push on my end. Above link leads u to where I uploaded apk and odex file to media fire. Hope someone has better luck! It's on page 9 (last page for now) of the thread.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Figure I'll make it as easy as I can and just c/p my post ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN4K3B1T3

So with the Droid X2 out now with the same chipset and HDMI mirror enabled could we use that app or service as our HDMI mirror service...with modifications of course

Good question! Anyone that has more knowledge of mirroring please check into. I'm going to search for that app from it...don't know anyone with x2 or I'd steal their phone for a day ^_^

Link to full dump
http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ringtones.html

apps found in dump
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubb7ro7cq5cm8h2

[EDIT] throwing in sys to see what happens, probably nothing but worth a shot
Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
Last edited by dubyajaysmith; 26th May 2011 at 08:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubyajaysmith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2011, 10:10 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Atrix has a mirroring hack. Does the droid x2's mirroring have additional functionality?

X2 ships with gingerbread right? Ouch.
26th May 2011, 10:13 PM |#4  
jpinoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Leisure

Atrix has a mirroring hack. Does the droid x2's mirroring have additional functionality?

X2 ships with gingerbread right? Ouch.

Per Moto site..it's still 2.2... Ouch!..
26th May 2011, 10:23 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinoy

Per Moto site..it's still 2.2... Ouch!..

Thats good news for us =)
27th May 2011, 12:12 AM |#7  
msd24200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
any luck getting it to work? I've got a few things to do then will research, but i'm wondering if the x2 has the same hardware and if so can we get the fm radio to work. last I checked we have the fm radio it's just not enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyajaysmith

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=988852&page=9

I dl x2 system dump and pulled out apk and odex file. Was unable to push on my end. Above link leads u to where I uploaded apk and odex file to media fire. Hope someone has better luck! It's on page 9 (last page for now) of the thread.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Figure I'll make it as easy as I can and just c/p my post ^_^


Good question! Anyone that has more knowledge of mirroring please check into. I'm going to search for that app from it...don't know anyone with x2 or I'd steal their phone for a day ^_^

Link to full dump
http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ringtones.html

apps found in dump
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubb7ro7cq5cm8h2

[EDIT] throwing in sys to see what happens, probably nothing but worth a shot
Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Last edited by msd24200; 27th May 2011 at 12:56 AM.
27th May 2011, 12:57 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Leisure

Atrix has a mirroring hack. Does the droid x2's mirroring have additional functionality?

X2 ships with gingerbread right? Ouch.

Our current HDMI mirroring hack only permits portrait mode which is a huge pitfall.

If this supports true HDMI mirroring for LANDSCAPE mode I can finally hit up the PSX and N64 emu on my TV and use the Wii remote!!! OMG!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bongd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2011, 01:17 AM |#9  
SN4K3B1T3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd24200

any luck getting it to work? I've got a few things to do then will research, but i'm wondering if the x2 has the same hardware and if so can we get the fm radio to work. last I checked we have the fm radio it's just not enabled.

FM radio is initiated at the kernel level as far as i know, just using the app may not work, I tried with the Motorola Connected Music Player, it didnt work even after changing the region to the us maybe because im in Canada, but probably because its initiated at Kernel level
27th May 2011, 01:36 AM |#10  
msd24200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN4K3B1T3

FM radio is initiated at the kernel level as far as i know, just using the app may not work, I tried with the Motorola Connected Music Player, it didnt work even after changing the region to the us maybe because im in Canada, but probably because its initiated at Kernel level

i just installed the apk, but can't even find it anywhere. you are probably right, they hacked the droid 2 to use it's fm, i'll try to look into that, i do hope that we get the mirror working that would be great, would love to have both working. i've been out of this for so long, I feel kinda lost lol. do you know if the x2 hardware is the same as the atrix?

here is the droid 2 hack
Last edited by msd24200; 27th May 2011 at 01:42 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes