Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 | ICS | High Quality & Performance | Legendary

Tip us?

Ceed19
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Brick vs Faux123?

First off thankyou for this fantastic rom. I purchased my sensation in september and loaded ARHD 3.6.1 on it the first day before I ever used the phone. So I never saw the stock performance. I was very happy with it until today when I loaded 3.6.7 and all I can say is wow. I didnt know what I was missing. It seems as though my phone was experiencing lag. With nothing to compare it to I had no complaints. But now its extremely fast and smooth. I am highly impressed and thankfull.

I have attempted to read through as much of this thread as i can but it is enormous. I just have a simple question I assume it is simply, it may be extremely complex). I have the camera/kernal black screen issue. I read the thread and did a search and found out about keeping the screen on and not turning off while the camera is avtive. I also read about using the Brick kernel to fix the issue. I flashed to the Brick 1.5 and it did infact fix my camera issue. My question is what detriments are there if any ot using the Brick kernel instead of the Faux123 that comes with the rom? Does using this other kernel defeat the purpose of using this rom? will I have issues in the future? Just looking for a little insight into what im losing or gaining.

thankyou for your help and to the developers of this fantastic rom

xplod4202
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yago View Post
Since nobody payed attention to my last thread, does this ship with WIFI Calling because I do not have it...
It does comes with a WiFi calling if your phone is Sensation 4G. Meaning from Tmo.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
(\__/)
(o'.'o)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

_Yago
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
It does comes with a WiFi calling if your phone is Sensation 4G. Meaning from Tmo.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
So it didn't detect that im 4G?

That's weird. I think CM7 did the same think.

What do you recommend I do?

Edit: I used an xboarder patch once. Maybe this is the issue?

Ceed19
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I also do not have wifi calling after updating

_Yago
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceed19 View Post
I also do not have wifi calling after updating
Did you try CM7 before and if you did, did you use any wifi calling patches in the early stages?

Ceed19
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I updated today, I have a tmobile sensation 4g, I checked after seeing a post here and noticed the wifi calling i previously had is no longer present

walkinhotdog
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
First off thankyou for this fantastic rom. I purchased my sensation in september and loaded ARHD 3.6.1 on it the first day before I ever used the phone. So I never saw the stock performance. I was very happy with it until today when I loaded 3.6.7 and all I can say is wow. I didnt know what I was missing. It seems as though my phone was experiencing lag. With nothing to compare it to I had no complaints. But now its extremely fast and smooth. I am highly impressed and thankfull.

I have attempted to read through as much of this thread as i can but it is enormous. I just have a simple question I assume it is simply, it may be extremely complex). I have the camera/kernal black screen issue. I read the thread and did a search and found out about keeping the screen on and not turning off while the camera is avtive. I also read about using the Brick kernel to fix the issue. I flashed to the Brick 1.5 and it did infact fix my camera issue. My question is what detriments are there if any ot using the Brick kernel instead of the Faux123 that comes with the rom? Does using this other kernel defeat the purpose of using this rom? will I have issues in the future? Just looking for a little insight into what im losing or gaining.

thankyou for your help and to the developers of this fantastic rom
There are no problems with using bricked kernel instead of the faux kernel. Many people switch back and forth depending on their results from each kernel update and features their looking for. As long as your not doing any unnecessary wipes in between flashes then you will no lose any tweaks from the original rom. Mike told me there is no need to wipe between kernel flashes so switch as much as you want
Device: Bell HTC Sensation w/ Anker
Rom: Inspiration 1.0.1
Kernel: Bricked 1.4 @ 1.5/192

Ceed19
Old
Thanks Meter 19
no, the only rom I had was ARHD 3.6.1, never any patches or anything of that nature. Updated to 3.6.7 today and I no longer have wifi calling, is there a way to add it back?

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

thankyou

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yago View Post
Did you try CM7 before and if you did, did you use any wifi calling patches in the early stages?

no, the only rom I had was ARHD 3.6.1, never any patches or anything of that nature. Updated to 3.6.7 today and I no longer have wifi calling, is there a way to add it back?

Differentiation
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sromer View Post
Screen Brightness: Auto
Screen Timeout : 1 min
Turn 3G, Wifi and GPS on only when you need them.
Screen brightness on auto setting is actually proven to be more power consuming than setting it at a fixed percent. I personally use 10-20% for daily use and tweak it whenever I cannot see it.
Currently Using: Samsung Galaxy S3 - XenonHD Stable-11.1
Past Device: Samsung Galaxy Note - Stock || HTC Sensation - Android Revolution HD 7.2.1 || HTC Nexus One - Cyanogenmod 7.0.2

_Yago
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Crap. Somethings wrong then...

Tags
#1 rom, android revolution hd, arhd, awesome, beats audio, best rom, best support, epic, good roms, htc sensation, htc sensation best rom, ice cream sandwich, ics, ics 4.0.3, mike1986, mike1986., most support, no battery drain, sense, sense 3.5, sense 3.6, sense 4 newspaper militia, stable, stable rom, t-mobile ics