Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Can You Drive ?

Tip us?

tofira
Old
(Last edited by tofira; 16th June 2011 at 07:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [App] Can You Drive ?

Hey,

We've added a new app to the market - Can You Drive?

The app helps you to decide whether you can drive your car legally.

It contains a database of drinks (390 items), that includes all the popular drinks you know.

The program recognizes your general location, and adjusts itself to the local law in your country.

You can also add custom drinks(and take their photos) and see what else you can drink before reaching the alcohol limit.You may also create cocktails and mixes - simply enter the ingredients and the app will calculate your cocktail's alcohol content.

Facebook integration is included as well.

The app supports both US and Metric units.

A statistics page is also available(including many facts), as well as a 'call a friend' feature, which allows you to call a friend or a taxi in case you crossed the alcohol limit.

The app uses the Widmark's Formula for it's calculations. The results shown are of course a recommendation, and are supposed to give you general indication.You should not drink and drive.

We would really like to hear some feedback.

Markets links -
Market | App Brain | Amazon | GetJar

Direct Links -
Mega Upload | Hotfile | RapidShare

Important message - (16.06.11)
Due to a certain problem we had to remove the app from the market and upload it again.
If you've downloaded our app, we highly recommend that you'd re-download it, so you could get future updates(including the one that was released today).
We are sorry for any inconceivable this may have caused.

Changes in the latest version(1.0.7, released 16.06.11)
* The app now remembers your drinks after you've left it, allowing you to use the app in real-time throughout the evening.

* Added more drinks.

Thanks!

Mickael and Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	627321   Click image for larger version

Name:	selectDrinks.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	627322  
The Following User Says Thank You to tofira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rymden
Old
(Last edited by rymden; 28th May 2011 at 01:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 523
Interesting. Might take a look.

Edited for seriousness.

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

billwinkle
Old
Thanks Meter 12
While your intentions are honorable, there are too many factors to be acurate. Weight, the last time you ate and more has to go into the equation. Im afraid someone will rely on your app and thinking they are sober, jumps in a car and kills a whole family. Please I beg u to think this thru. As somebody who lost someone to a drunk driver I beg you to reconsider.
Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

rymden
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwinkle View Post
While your intentions are honorable, there are too many factors to be acurate. Weight, the last time you ate and more has to go into the equation. Im afraid someone will rely on your app and thinking they are sober, jumps in a car and kills a whole family. Please I beg u to think this thru. As somebody who lost someone to a drunk driver I beg you to reconsider.
Thank you

While I definitely see where you are coming from, I should think most people would take this into account. Sorry to hear as I also have someone in the family who was seriously disabled, both mentally and physically, by a drunk driver. Obviously self awareness is the key issue. Not sure how deep this app goes as I haven't yet checked, but I definitely see where you are coming from.

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

tofira
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
The app uses your gender and weight in the calculation.

The intention of the app is not to encourage people to drink and drive, but to plan their evening responsibly, and to know their limits.

Like any other human-related calculator, the results are not 100% accurate, but they do give general advice regarding your state. Please note that if the user is approaching the alcohol limit, the program warns him and tells him to designate a sober driver.

billwinkle, can you try look at it this way - What if someone will rely on the app and waits for 30 minutes, when otherwise he would just drive?

On a whole different note - If anyone who downloaded the app knows about cool and familiar drinks, you are more than welcome to tell us about them via email(canydrive@gmail.com) or this forum.

Thanks!

Jameswgm
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hey just trying the app, any chance you could add a pint (568ml) as a measure for us UK users?

tofira
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Sure will. Tomorrow's update will include it. Thanks!

tofira
Old
(Last edited by tofira; 28th May 2011 at 10:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
A new update has been released - 1.0.4.New features -

* The app now remembers what you like drinking, and pushes your favorite drinks to the top of the list so you can locate them faster.

* Added an option to call a friend or a taxi to take you home.

* Added new drinks and quantities to choose from(including Pint size).

billwinkle
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Torifa,
Thank you for adding the option to call a ride. I have not seen your app yet, but do you have your app set to but that part in bold and a bright color?

noodles2224
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Who drinks a lot and say " wait, I should take a look at the app first? "

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
DMolina

Tags
alcohol, bac, drink, drive