This kernel is a developmental fork of the CM7/AOSP and Sense kernel tree built by Imoseyon (leankernel). With his permission, I have started working on an alternative kernel that offers some extra functionality.
The goal of this project is to add things to the kernel that aren't, well, necessarily lean. As development progresses, I intend to keep to the spirit of Imoseyon's work (by being careful not to make this too fat), and any major fixes or changes to code that occurs in his source tree will be ported to this kernel.
ALREADY COOKED IN BY IMOSEYON
Since most of you already know of Imoseyon's work (if you don't, see the link to his thread above), and what his kernel is about, I won't go over all the minutiae from his kernel's development, but I will highlight:
- Linux Kernel v126.96.36.199 with back-ported code nearly identical to 2.6.39.
- speedtweak.sh (on-the-fly frequency/voltage modification).
- interactiveX, ondemandX, and smartass governors that are highly tweaked.
- ramdisk enhancements (file system speed-up, init.d)
SENSE CHANGELOG - NEROZEHL'S ADDITIONS
- Fix WiFi issues.
- TinyRCU is now used.
- Tweaks to minfree.
- Filesystems mounted as ext4.
- Bugfixes. No more boot issues!
- Latest Charging code from Imoseyon.
- Wireless charging seems to work
- Another try at call recording...
- Charging and over-clocking modifications ported from Imoseyon's kernel.
- Call Recorder has been added. It is reported to be working for someone when receiving calls. I'm tracking the issue down, but the code is there. YMMV.
- Latest charging and ramdisk tweaks from Imoseyon's 3.3.6
- Bluetooth patched up! (thanks Imoseyon!)
- After much anticipation, a new version!
- Kernel base changed to Imoseyon's latest 3.x source (as of 6/22/11), including charging and camcorder fixes!
- Call recording support coming in the next version!
- Various kernel performance tweaks galore!
- Slightly leaner than before.
- Updated speedtweak.sh and customtweak.sh scripts to latest release. New features! Bugs Fixed.
- Reversed charging tweak.
- Minor smartass governor tweak.
- Tiny tweak to charging code.
- Added twistedumbrella's "speedtweak.sh" as default script for speedtweak.
- Added twistedumbrella's "customtweak.sh" to allow for setting tweaks like whether or not to have logcat on, and more!
- Added SWAP support (enable by typing, in shell, "swap create" and disable by typing, in shell, "swap remove"). This wouldn't have been possible without the help of twistedumbrella's MODs!
- Added in some of Imoseyon's tweaks for performance. Thanks!
- All the usual refinements from my AOSP kernel, except for Sense! This kernel source has been pulled from Imoseyon's latest work (DesireHD kernel)
- Brain **** Scheduler (BFS) task scheduler
- Budget Fair Queue (BFQ) and V(R) I/O schedulers
- SLQB slab allocation
- Enabled 184MHz CPU slot (disabled by default), enable using speedtweak.sh
- TUN/TAP/FUSE/NFS/CIFS support
- See changelog for AOSP for the rest.
AOSP CHANGELOG - NEROZEHL'S ADDITIONS
- Ramdisk updates for CM7
- Minfree Tweaks
- Audio driver upgrade and tweaks.
- Aligned to latest source - forked repository from github and updated my end.
- Latest ramdisk, and audio driver tweaks.
- TinyRCU for better memory management.
- This wasn't ever officially released. I posted it in a reply to this thread for testing. The changes:
- Reverted workquue and BlueTooth -- keeping previous backports.
- New Wifi driver and charging tweaks.
- New workqueue, cpufreq, and cpuidle code from 3.0 RC!
- InteractiveX adjustments to help with reboots.
- Backported bluetooth code (also, from 3.0 RC!)
- Hacked BFS to be compatible with recent changes.
- Tweaked call-recording to fix some FC issues.
- Alas, a new AOSP kernel to be had!
- Latest Imoseyon patches (driver code updates)
- Latest ramdisk updates applied.
- Re-added Incall recording support, let me know how it works!
- Audio, WiFi, etc. fixed with latest Imoseyon patches. Enjoy!
- Fixed the issues with WiFi, camera, bluetooth, CPU frequencies, etc.
- FINALLY! It's here!
- New Kernel base (Ace kernel) -- latest pull from Imoseyon's sourcetree. That means all his tweaks up to 6/15/11.
- All the usual refinements (BFS, BFQ/V(R) schedulers, SLQB, etc.) are added into this kernel.
- Does not have sched.sh but it will soon (wanted to get this out to you quick!)
- Work on CM7 RC0.6 -- Enjoy!
- Enabled 184MHz CPU slot (disabled by default), enable using speedtweak.sh
- Symlinked "speedtweak.sh" -> "st" and "sched.sh" -> "sk"
- Tweaked ramdisk a bit more.
- Updated init files to align with slayher's settings.
- Increased blue-tooth audio volume (slayher)
- Set default boot CPU frequency to 1024MHz to address issues some folks were having with battery temperature.
- Wifi/MMS/Settings fixed thanks to beavis9k. (init buffer sizes changed)
- Minor code cleanups/optimizations.
- Changed task scheduler to the latest version of Con Kolivas' Brain **** Scheduler (BFS). Should improve performance.
- Added Fabio Checconi's latest Budget Fair Queue (BFQ) I/O scheduler and set it as default.
- Added "sched.sh" script that will allow you to choose your I/O scheduler and set as default for each boot (Re-purposed from Imoseyon's "speedtweak.sh").
- Pulled numerous tweaks from CyanogenMod's source tree.
- Enabled 802.11n
- Increase GPU memory allocation.
- Minor speed tweaks.
- Added SLQB slab allocation (ported from Adrynalyne's source, modified to work on kernel v188.8.131.52)
- Added support for FUSE (Userland filesystems, can be used to create encrypted filesystems and other neat things.)
- Ported new GPU code from Imoseyon.
- Tweaked charging.
- Added call recording support.
- /data, /system, /cache are now EXT4 (and tweaked).
- New I/O Scheduler (Aaron Carroll's V/R I/O Scheduler) has been added and is now the default scheduler.
- Read-ahead buffer has been further increased for performance.
- Death-Ray support was ported from Adrynalyne's CF kernel.
- NFS (Network Filesystem) and CIFS (Common Internet File System, SAMBA replacement) support has been added.
- Tunneling and TUN/TAP support have been added (required by OpenVPN)
- System V IPC (SYSVIPC) has been re-enabled to address issues with broken dependencies in CM7.
As a general disclaimer, I do not accept responsibility for what may result from you flashing something I post. While I take every precaution and thoroughly test before I release, I cannot be to blame for catastrophic failure.
Flash in Recovery (Do NOT flash in Kernel Manager or ROM Manager).
- http://www.nerozehl.net/dreamkernel_sense_2_9_0.zip - MD5: cd5a03acc495c5c0def7c00b14d3d535
- http://www.nerozehl.net/dreamkernel_sense_2_3_6.zip - MD5: 15985306c69cf659c96abc085b9fa3a2
- http://www.nerozehl.net/dreamkernel_aosp_2_9_0.zip - MD5: 785410364278d72d7059d92f1a83453b
- http://www.nerozehl.net/dreamkernel_aosp_2_6_0.zip - MD5: cc2d0eda4edd3004cbe2797cb80b4dea
GEE PEE ELL (GPL) AND USAGE
My source-tree can be found here. I have permission from Imoseyon to use his source for this kernel. In turn, I've given permission for folks to use my kernel in their ROMs as well. Consequently, if you use this kernel in your ROM, please credit both Imoseyon and myself for the work, and--while not required--a heads up if you're using it in a ROM would be appreciated. If you intend to use my source-tree for your own kernel, then you must get permission from both Imoseyon and myself.
I sincerely hope you find this kernel to your liking. If you find any bugs, or if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. Likewise, if there is a feature you would like to see added to this kernel, I will be happy to look into it.