Here's how I did it:
- Purchase a ST Nokia e71 or Nokia 6790 for $200 and a $45 prepaid month
- Unlock your Inspire
- Activate your ST phone
- Put your ST SIM in your Inspire, put the Nokia in your desk drawer and keep it safe
- Calling will now work on the Inspire, but data won't, so connect to wifi.
- Download APN Backup & Restore from the market.
- Unzip the attached file and put it on your SD card. Instructions for APN Backup & Restore is below
- Any time you change the APNs, reboot your phone TWICE. I don't know why it needs to rebooted twice, but it does. Not a huge deal, so just do it.
APN Backup & Restore instructions, taken from Howardforums' member Kalinrs:
Here is how to insert the file in your phone:
1. Download and install the APN Backup and restore app.
2. Go to it and backup whatever APNs you have (it doesn't matter how many or how they are wrong). You do this, so that the app can create a folder on your internal memory for backups. This way you can put my file there. Once you back up, the following folder will be created. The folder is: /sdcard/APNBackupRestore
3. Now you can go to APN B&R again and Delete APNs.
4. Unzip the file I attached and then use a file manager or your computer to copy the "apns-MMSand3Gwork.xml" file and paste it into that "APNBackupRestore" folder. Once there you can go back to the program and hit restore and you should be able to see the file you inserted. Select file and hit ok.
5. Reboot the phone twice after that.
6. Once the phone is back up, go to your settings -> wireless -> mobile networks -> APNs and make sure you see both APNs - HOME and MMS. HOME should be the one that is selected although it probably shouldn't matter.
After this, your data and MMS should work perfectly. I'm currently getting between 2-5mb/s down, and about 2mb/s up, which is the usual AT&T speeds in my area.
Edit - Don't **** this up for everyone else. Your service will be cut off around 2GB of data, so don't abuse this to the point where they shut it off for everyone else
Former Sprint & AT&T employee
My HeatWare reviews: