FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Trying to Stop Cell Standby

838 posts
Thanks Meter: 152
 
By docfreed, Senior Member on 29th May 2011, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I was looking at the settings.db with the sql3 lite editor and came across this: Line 59 mobile_data value 1. However, I'm constantly in airplane mode and only turn on wifi and bluetooth as needed.

Is it possible that this line is the controlling factor to keep the Streak from turning on the mobile radio? Would setting this to value=0 stop cell standby?

I'm a little afraid to tamper with it since I don't know what it means - does anyone more knowledgeable than I know what this line controls?
 
 
29th May 2011, 02:38 AM |#2  
thatruth132's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
A app called juice defender offers that option

Sent from my Streak7 using XDA Premium App
29th May 2011, 05:34 PM |#3  
docfreed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth132

A app called juice defender offers that option

Sent from my Streak7 using XDA Premium App

Not actually - I installed juice defender but mobile_data still has a value of 1. And cell standby still is showing at 88%!!!
30th May 2011, 12:22 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Port Richey
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
I also had this huge battery drain to cell standby (on the wifi only model...)

trying to flash the Honeystreak, and see if this changes (and to try out HC too hehe!)
30th May 2011, 01:12 AM |#5  
docfreed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafdan02

I also had this huge battery drain to cell standby (on the wifi only model...)

trying to flash the Honeystreak, and see if this changes (and to try out HC too hehe!)

See my post above
30th May 2011, 02:17 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth132

A app called juice defender offers that option

Sent from my Streak7 using XDA Premium App

Not on the stock ROM. I have it and the cell controls only work with certain custom ROMs.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
30th May 2011, 02:59 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Port Richey
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedebi

Not on the stock ROM. I have it and the cell controls only work with certain custom ROMs.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App

Okay, that makes sense. I was using that for awhile on the stock, and noticed no difference. Uninstalled it a week later.
Will try to test it out on streakdroid once I get back onto a working rom (fell into the BSOD of Honeystreak B3)
30th May 2011, 03:03 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafdan02

Okay, that makes sense. I was using that for awhile on the stock, and noticed no difference. Uninstalled it a week later.
Will try to test it out on streakdroid once I get back onto a working rom (fell into the BSOD of Honeystreak B3)

get airplane mode wifi app - turns off the radio but allows wifi

edit...having trouble finding on the marketplace...but this is it:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...mode-qqiq.aspx
Last edited by aweskelo; 30th May 2011 at 03:05 AM.
30th May 2011, 03:24 AM |#9  
docfreed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweskelo

get airplane mode wifi app - turns off the radio but allows wifi

edit...having trouble finding on the marketplace...but this is it:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...mode-qqiq.aspx

Just keep airplane mode (Setttings>Wireless) on all the time - no need to ever turn it off since there really is no phone in this tablet.
30th May 2011, 09:05 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreed

Just keep airplane mode (Setttings>Wireless) on all the time - no need to ever turn it off since there really is no phone in this tablet.

That doesn't stop the phone modem. If you check the settings you will see that the device is still picking up signal from the cell towers. It just isn't connecting with the mobile network.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
30th May 2011, 09:09 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweskelo

get airplane mode wifi app - turns off the radio but allows wifi

edit...having trouble finding on the marketplace...but this is it:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...mode-qqiq.aspx

I don't think that is doing anything more than the existing settings. The S7 already allows one to turn on WiFi during airplane mode. Earlier android versions did not allow this.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes