Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sound Quality

OP greengoldmello

29th May 2011, 06:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 25

507 posts
More
Can anyone with the phone comment on the sound quality of the Sensation? Also, is the volume as low through headphones as most previous HTC phones?
29th May 2011, 01:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 7

282 posts
More
I use PowerAmp with pair of senhiser, sound loud and quality is awesome.
29th May 2011, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
using a good set of headphones, the sound is really good!, like Hassan said, sound quality is very good and you can change the settings to how you like it.

Without headphones in its acceptable... not great, not terrible, but acceptable :P
30th May 2011, 05:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 9

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan

I use PowerAmp with pair of senhiser, sound loud and quality is awesome.

Nice to know that I won't be wasting a pair of Westone 4s by playing my media on the Sensation.
30th May 2011, 09:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

341 posts
But if you replace the original headphones of HTC, you then cant use it as a hands free speaker right? so would a person have to carry 2 sets of headphones? one for music and one if he wants to talk to someone using the hands free speaker?
30th May 2011, 12:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 7

282 posts
More
Yes i think thats a downside of using own headset.
30th May 2011, 04:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Wien/Vienna
Thanks Meter: 17

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinya

But if you replace the original headphones of HTC, you then cant use it as a hands free speaker right? so would a person have to carry 2 sets of headphones? one for music and one if he wants to talk to someone using the hands free speaker?

While I am still waiting for my Sensation, if this handset works the same as previous HTC phones (and there is all indication that it does), any iPhone compatible headset should work just fine.

I've been using the Creative EP-630i (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-...6766090&sr=8-1) with my HTC Nexus One and Samsung Galaxy S2. The clicker as well as the microphone work as expected. The clicker accepts or ends (long press) calls and performs special functions (like play/pause) in applications that support headset buttons (like the music player, BeyondPod, doubleTwist, ...). The in-line microphone on these earbuds is perfect for calling.

As I wrote previously, any other iPhone-headsets should perform well with this phone (and, as a matter of fact, most other Android phones). The Galaxy S (not 2!) is a popular exception as Samsung used a proprietary connector they have now deprecated with the S2.
Last edited by PartyMango; 30th May 2011 at 04:44 PM.
30th May 2011, 05:49 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 64

798 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinya

You can also buy adapters that add a mic and button control to regular headphones.

Example:

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Headph...ref=pd_sim_e_2
Last edited by samnada; 30th May 2011 at 05:52 PM.
31st May 2011, 06:57 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 204

386 posts
More
Here's a thought - I've never had any Android phone before so I'm not sure whether this is possible, but on my N96 I can use regular phones as hands free while using the device's mic. That's also how I plug it into my car - I have an auxiliary 3.5 input that I simply connect my phone to and it works seamlessly.

Would this work on the Sensation as well?
31st May 2011, 07:13 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 17

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekest

Here's a thought - I've never had any Android phone before so I'm not sure whether this is possible, but on my N96 I can use regular phones as hands free while using the device's mic. That's also how I plug it into my car - I have an auxiliary 3.5 input that I simply connect my phone to and it works seamlessly.

Would this work on the Sensation as well?

this has worked for me on my hd2... so i assume it will work on sensation too

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread