FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Hard vs. Soft brick and causes

29th May 2011, 03:34 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm a little bit of a noob, so bear with me. What precisely is the main difference between a hard and soft brick. By that I mean: What are the defining causes of each; and what have you done that caused them?

29th May 2011, 04:31 PM |#2  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Soft brick you can odin back if you can get into download mode. Hard brick your screwed. I hard bricked mine when I tryed putting a vibrant rom. Iv had 20 soft bricks when I mess around with framework and stuff

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to rickyy00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2011, 04:34 PM |#3  
Flag Tarpon Springs, Fl
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyy00

Soft brick you can odin back if you can get into download mode. Hard brick your screwed. I hard bricked mine when I tryed putting a vibrant rom. Iv had 20 soft bricks when I mess around with framework and stuff

+1 soft brick = recoverable without professional repair; hard brick = not recoverable, better hope you have a warranty/insurance

Sent from my shiny metal G2 w/ meXdroid V3
29th May 2011, 06:10 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 147

More
How can you hard brick something? I've messed with SO many phones and done TONS of stuff but never bricked permanently.
29th May 2011, 06:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-1987

How can you hard brick something? I've messed with SO many phones and done TONS of stuff but never bricked permanently.

i hard bricked my first sgs 4g by unplugging the usb in the middle of a flash. that was no bueno. i thought it froze and instead of shutting down the computer first i just unplugged it like the tard i was. now i'm reading anything i can get my hands on before i flash.
29th May 2011, 10:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Brick's a programmers arch enemy. Mmmwwaaahahahahahaha.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick samsung hard soft
Previous Thread Next Thread