Originally Posted by msoileau
Was hoping this would allow me to mount my Samsung captivate to make transferring files from phone to tablet easier. Never recognized that a device was plugged. I tried the phone with multiple settings, mass storage, mtp application, usb debugging on/ off, etc but was never able to see the device. The phone recognized that usb was connected. Phone is rooted running mosaic gingerbread rom
I was able to mount my DesireHD in mass storage mode using manual mount commands as well as this app. You have to wait a minute or so for the mass storage partitions to be found by Honeycomb.
To look behind the scenes run the following terminal commands using a terminal emulator or in adb shell as su
1. Unplug the device
2. run "ls /dev/block" and notice the entries there
3. Plug in your phone with Mass Storage enabled
4. run "ls /dev/block" and you should notice some new entries (sda, sda1, etc)
5. if you only notice sda then wait a minute or so and repeat 4 again as honeycomb is still scanning your phone for partitions.
6. Launch the app in this thread and you should see your phones drives as sda1, sda2, etc, etc.