Flashing LED for Missed Call

Tip us?

estens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Flashing LED for Missed Call

Greetings All,

I've been reading and using tweaks from XDA for a while now, and after tinkering with Windows Phone I think I've finally found something i can contribute.

I've managed to get my HTC HD7 to give a Flashing Green LED for a missed call using old Windows Mobile 5 tricks.

By navigating to:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\

Adding a string value called:
Script

And giving it the values:
av2pf300

To break this down it does the following:
a = Activate Phone
v2 = Vibrate for 2 seconds
p = Play Ringtone
f300 = Flashing LED for missed call for 5 minutes

These are the values that i've chosen for myself. It makes the phone vibrate for 2 seconds before the ringtone kicks in.

I haven't found a way to keep the phone vibrating while it is also ringing, but I find having the flashing LED more of a benefit to me as I'm constantly in and out of my office.

The script value is fully customizable, and more values can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-270040.html

I hope other people find this as useful as I have.

Estens.
The Following User Says Thank You to estens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cubanaso
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
have you attempted this with sms or email? neither of the two are supported with led notification by default but maybe a script can force that. Also, is there a way you can control the color of the led? thanks for your contribution!

estens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
SMS and email were handled differently by Windows Mobile 5 & 6.

You would go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Defau lt\Options and set the default value to one of the following:
* 0 – Show icon
* 1 – Show icon and play notification sound
* 2 – Show icon and vibration
* 3 – Show icon and vibration and play notification sound
* 4 – Same as 0
* 5 – Same as 1
* 6 – Same as 3
* 7 – Same as 3
* 8 – Show icon and notification bubble
* 9 – Show icon and play notification sound and show notification bubble
* 10 – Show icon and notification bubble and vibration
* 11 – Show icon and play notification sound and show notification bubble and vibration
* 13 – Same as 1

This functionality appears to have changed in Windows Phone 7. I have tried both the above method and the Script method that i used for the Ringtone, but neither have worked.

As for changing the Colour of the LED, I wouldn't know where to begin. All I'm doing is telling the system that i want the LED to flash, not to flash green.

It may be possible, and i'll start to look into it now that someone has requested it - I assume that because the low-battery LED warning is Orange it is possible to change it, but that could be a hardware specific factor -- no idea.

cubanaso
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the reply. Any progress you can come up with would be great.

BlitterTwisted
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Doesn't it do this anyway - mine does except the flashing light is orange not green.

It would be a really good option to have it for SMS as well though
My blog http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Latest post: Nokia Lumia 800 review

jacky1507
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't see ...\RingTone0\... Please help me! Thanks!

estens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky1507 View Post
I can't see ...\RingTone0\... Please help me! Thanks!
First, are you using a HTC HD7? This is the only Windows Phone device I currently have access to so i am unsure if this will work with other devices (although the registry shouldn't change that much between devices.)

Second, are you sure your in the correct registry hive? i.e. you need to be in HKCU, not HKLM. There is a ControlPanel sub-key in both of these hives, so if your missing some keys i'd just ask you to confirm that your looking in the right place.

If the above does not work I'm not really sure how to progress... this key has been in Windows Mobile since 5.0 (as far as I know), and it's managed to find it's way into the Registry of my Windows Phone 7 HTD HD7 so I'm not sure why it's not there for you.

In regards to the SMS/Email flashing notification - I've tried a few methods of tinkering but still haven't been able.

Will keep you all posted.

Estens.

jacky1507
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by estens View Post
First, are you using a HTC HD7? This is the only Windows Phone device I currently have access to so i am unsure if this will work with other devices (although the registry shouldn't change that much between devices.)

Second, are you sure your in the correct registry hive? i.e. you need to be in HKCU, not HKLM. There is a ControlPanel sub-key in both of these hives, so if your missing some keys i'd just ask you to confirm that your looking in the right place.

If the above does not work I'm not really sure how to progress... this key has been in Windows Mobile since 5.0 (as far as I know), and it's managed to find it's way into the Registry of my Windows Phone 7 HTD HD7 so I'm not sure why it's not there for you.

In regards to the SMS/Email flashing notification - I've tried a few methods of tinkering but still haven't been able.

Will keep you all posted.

Estens.
Dear Estens,
I'm using HTC HD7 Nodo, but I haven't yet change the ringtones anymore. Is it the reason like this?
I upload the picture about this problem. Please check it and help me. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	612978  

estens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I can see your problem straight away. Your trying to modify the registry on your desktop.

This modification is for the device, (i.e. your mobile phone).

Making changes to the registry on your desktop PC will only affect things on your desktop PC, and changing the registry on your device will only affect your device.

The HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\ registry is on your device so you'll have to dev-unlock your device, install a registry editor and modify it that way.

Estens

jacky1507
Old
(Last edited by jacky1507; 2nd June 2011 at 02:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by estens View Post
I can see your problem straight away. Your trying to modify the registry on your desktop.

This modification is for the device, (i.e. your mobile phone).

Making changes to the registry on your desktop PC will only affect things on your desktop PC, and changing the registry on your device will only affect your device.

The HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\ registry is on your device so you'll have to dev-unlock your device, install a registry editor and modify it that way.

Estens
I know. Thanks for your help!