[APP] VibraFix - or stop haptic feedback on Defy

Search This thread

Cynyx

Mar 29, 2011
Paris
VibraFix forces the haptic feedback to stop.
On some devices, when you uncheck the haptic feedback option in settings, vibrate stills enabled for some keys.
This app is useful for people who are annoyed with this, in my point of view, bug.
It's also allways a good idea to deactivate haptic feedback in order to save some power juice.

How does it work ?
VibraFix stops totaly the vibrate with a rude and simple method : changing the permission (777 to 444) for the vibrate ressource.

Features :
Vibrafix forces vibrate to stop.
VibraFix can be started automaticaly at boot.
VibraFix is a quiet application running in the background and uses very little resources.
VibraFix can enable again the vibrate when a phone call or/and a SMS is received.
There is also an attempt to deal with the vibrate when an AlarmClock is trigged.
Optional notification in order to enable/disable vibrate in one click.

Devices concerned :
This fix has been tested only on Motorola Defy (stock ROMs android 2.1 and android 2.2.2)
but should certainly works also on other phone devices/ROMs with the same bug.

According to stats, VibraFix is installed and used on :
Motorola devices ~80% : Motorola Defy, Motorola Milestone2, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Droid I & II
but also : Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung Galaxy Ace, HTC Evo 4G, leo

Donations :
VibraFix is FREE to use - and without ads.
My aim is really not to earn money : I have made this app for myself first.
However, if you think VibraFix is useful for you, Paypal donations are welcome to support me.
Share and publish this app cost me the price of a google android market account and several hours of working ....

I can also understand, you don't want to donate for a fix so just increase the thanks'O'Meter on this forum or/and increase rating in Android market .
It's free and make me happy !
Thanks for supports, and feel free to post in that thread : report any bugs or suggest improvements you want.

Thanks to bobbyphoenix for convincing me to make this thread and for people who have already said thanks.
Feedback is always welcome.

Permissions :
WARNING : The application must have ROOT rights. : in order to change system files permissions
Also there are some permisions needed :
android.permission.VIBRATE : in order to test vibrate and vibrate on SMS received.
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : in order to detect a phone call
android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS : in order to detect a SMS received
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : in order to enable the app at phone booting (autostart)
com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT : in order the user can create a shortcut for fast enable/disable VibraFix
android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_CONNECTED,android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED : in order to manage "In charge" option.

I know all these permissions can be sensible that's why the source code is shared (link in the post).

Download :
From android market or use the QRbarcode in this post.

Screenshot :
in this post or from here and here.

Notes :
+ When roots rights are disabled, VibraFix is useless and its options are disabled.

Other links :
Initial post for the app on xda forum : here (73 downloads/views before link removed).
Interested discussion about the "feature"/bug on motorola forum here.:rolleyes:
Sources codes are shared here (if someone is interrested).
You can register to this RSS to follow bug fixes or next features (this topic will be updated too).

Sorry for my english.:eek:

Known bugs :
+ Vibrate on AlarmClock option works only on some AlarmClock (stock Android AlarmClock and Motoblur AlarmClock).Version 1.3.1 tries to add more Alarm app triggers.
+ Disabling vibrate after an AlarmClock is done only after 10 minutes and not when the alarm is killed by user.

How to report a bug

Post on this forum a description of the issue, and give me options you use with that form :
Code:
version : XXXXXX

[X] Enable Vibrafix
[ ] Enable Vibrate
----------------------------
[ ] Auto-start
[ ] StatusBar notification
[ ] On phone call
[ ] On SMS
[ ] On alarmclock
[ ] In "Pocket Mode"
[ ] Not in charge
[ ] In vibrate mode
[ ] Silent mode
[ ] Vibrate mode
[ ] Normal mode

Changes log :

v1.6.2 (2015/09/26)
Add option for enable VibraFix only when phone is in vibrate mode (request from Nurio in that post)

v1.6.1 (2015/04/11)
- "In charge" Option implemented in an another approach.

v1.6 (2015/04/06)
-Add option to only enable vibrate when device is not charging

v1.5 (2014/03/12)
-"Pocket mode" option added.

v1.4.1 (2014/01/18)
- fixe issue with autostart option
- change minor settings (default options, text)
- add android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission in manifest

v1.4 (2013/10/22)
+ add tab compatibility adempt
+ add options to enable Vibrafix according to phone status.

v1.3.3 (2013/07/24)
+add the possibility to create separate shortcuts for switching on or off VibraFix

v1.3.2 (2012/12/19)
+ add the possibility to create a shortcut to enable or disable VibraFix.

v1.3.1 (2011/06/24)
+ add a bunch of Alarm Triggers : stock 2.3 Deskclock, HTC worldclock, Nexus AlarmClock, Samsung alarmclock.

v1.3 (2011/06/13)
+ minor GUI changes.
+ add optional notification support
+ add support from android 1.6
+ first realease on android market

v1.2 (2011/06/10)
+ add enable vibrate option for Motoblur Alarm Clock.
+ a minor performance fix

v1.1 (2011/05/31)
+ add new icons
+ add enable vibrate option for SMS
+ fix button for trying vibrate (for android 2.2.1)
+ fix a bug in settings registration
+ topic dedicated to the app in xda forum
+ SVN links shared

v1.0 (2011/04/2011)
+ public release on xda forum

v0.9 (2011/03/2011)
+ initial release (beta for personal using, on android 2.1)

History :
I have got my Defy in the end of February 2011 with android 2.1.
I really dislike the haptic feedback. So my first try was to uncheck option about it in phone settings.
Bah ... still enabled ! I have searched for a solution and was surprised to find NOTHING.
hmmm... Coz I have some JAVA knowledge, I decided to code a solution for that : my first android application, VibraFix was born.
I really thought this application will be useless after the official update (android 2.2.1) ...
but nothing changed and I still use my fix.

Attachments

• VibraFix_screenshot.jpg
    VibraFix_screenshot.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,843
  • VibraFix_screenshot2.jpg
    VibraFix_screenshot2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,569
  • QRbarcode.png
    QRbarcode.png
    591 bytes · Views: 1,462
Last edited:

Christian72D

Dec 30, 2007
Any chance for a new version that will run under Froyo?
I have Froyo for about half an hour and missed it from the very first minute. :)

Cynyx

Mar 29, 2011
Paris
I have Froyo for about half an hour and missed it from the very first minute. :)

I'm running the official 2.2.1, and it's working for me. If you just upgraded to FroYo you probably lost root. Even if you have the Superuser Icon you have to root again.

I'm on official 2.2.1 too and the fix works fine.

Bobbyphoenix is certainly right ...

Also last time I upgraded to 2.2.1, I have noticed a bug in settings saving when losing root rights, but I think I have solved this bug in the last update.
When root rights are disabled, the application should reset all options to the default ones : mean vibrate is enabled again ...
So don't forget to check settings of the app after rooting your phone again.
I added my initial post about that in a new part called 'notes'.

But if still not work, uninstall VibraFix and install it again.

... and If still not work, repost here, I will inspect the code in that case.
(in fact even if that works, you are welcome to repost here to say it ty :)).

Last edited:
Reactions: Harsh.gundecha

krisberck

Dec 10, 2010
www.pcgear.bg
Hi! Thank you for the great app. Its working perfectly but can you integrate in future versions options to enable/disable vibration for integrated alarm?

Cynyx

Mar 29, 2011
Paris
hi krisberck, thanks for feedback.

Concerning the feature you want, I'm sorry but I think it's not possible to do.
The thing you call 'integrated alarm' is not a part of android system but in fact an another application.
As an external app, no system trigger can be detected.

Perhaps there is an idea to solve that : find a way to detect notification about the Alarm Clock App in the status bar.
At the moment, I don't know if it's possible but I will search for that.

Cynyx

Mar 29, 2011
Paris
Forget my previous post. It's possible.

I found how to enable the vibrate when the Motorola Alarm is ringing.
Now, need to find a trigger when the Motorola Alarm is killed ...
Just a question of time...

And for this last issue, if it's really impossible to find, there are some ideas to bypass the problem : a timer or a specific amount of vibrations before disable again the vibrate.

krisberck

Dec 10, 2010
www.pcgear.bg
Cool! If you don't find another way except timing you could set it for about 10min. It would be enough I guess even for the people that have hard to wake up and snooze the alarm couple of times. Thanks again!

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Cynyx

Mar 29, 2011
Paris
updated to version 1.2.
Changes log :
v1.2 (10th June 2011)
+ add enable vibrate option for Motoblur AlarmClock.

Option for AlarmClock is limited :
- works with a timer to disable the vibrate (10 minutes).
- works only for Android Stock AlarmClock and Motoblur AlarmClock.
Added a 'known bugs' section in initial post.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyphoenix

krisberck

Dec 10, 2010
www.pcgear.bg
Excellent work again and congratulations for android market upload! I hope that many defy users will easily find your app to fix this bug witch is found on all original roms.

krisberck

Dec 10, 2010
www.pcgear.bg
you mean that in custom roms, there's no such vibration (bug)?

I'm not 100% sure but for what a read i never found solution for custom roms that are based on official roms. For custom roms that are completly defferent from motorola roms - like CM7 or MIUI maybe it fixed. Until VibraFix only one solution exist - completely disable the vibrations. I never found such automatic way ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VibraFix forces the haptic feedback to stop.
    On some devices, when you uncheck the haptic feedback option in settings, vibrate stills enabled for some keys.
    This app is useful for people who are annoyed with this, in my point of view, bug.
    It's also allways a good idea to deactivate haptic feedback in order to save some power juice.

How does it work ?
    VibraFix stops totaly the vibrate with a rude and simple method : changing the permission (777 to 444) for the vibrate ressource.

Features :
    Vibrafix forces vibrate to stop.
    VibraFix can be started automaticaly at boot.
    VibraFix is a quiet application running in the background and uses very little resources.
    VibraFix can enable again the vibrate when a phone call or/and a SMS is received.
    There is also an attempt to deal with the vibrate when an AlarmClock is trigged.
    Optional notification in order to enable/disable vibrate in one click.

Devices concerned :
    This fix has been tested only on Motorola Defy (stock ROMs android 2.1 and android 2.2.2)
    but should certainly works also on other phone devices/ROMs with the same bug.

According to stats, VibraFix is installed and used on :
    Motorola devices ~80% : Motorola Defy, Motorola Milestone2, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Droid I & II
    but also : Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung Galaxy Ace, HTC Evo 4G, leo

Donations :
    VibraFix is FREE to use - and without ads.
    My aim is really not to earn money : I have made this app for myself first.
    However, if you think VibraFix is useful for you, Paypal donations are welcome to support me.
    Share and publish this app cost me the price of a google android market account and several hours of working ....

I can also understand, you don't want to donate for a fix so just increase the thanks'O'Meter on this forum or/and increase rating in Android market .
    It's free and make me happy !
    Thanks for supports, and feel free to post in that thread : report any bugs or suggest improvements you want.

Thanks to bobbyphoenix for convincing me to make this thread and for people who have already said thanks.
    Feedback is always welcome.

Permissions :
    WARNING : The application must have ROOT rights. : in order to change system files permissions
    Also there are some permisions needed :
    android.permission.VIBRATE : in order to test vibrate and vibrate on SMS received.
    android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : in order to detect a phone call
    android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS : in order to detect a SMS received
    android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : in order to enable the app at phone booting (autostart)
    com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT : in order the user can create a shortcut for fast enable/disable VibraFix
    android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_CONNECTED,android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED : in order to manage "In charge" option.

I know all these permissions can be sensible that's why the source code is shared (link in the post).

Download :
    From android market or use the QRbarcode in this post.

Screenshot :
    in this post or from here and here.

Notes :
    + When roots rights are disabled, VibraFix is useless and its options are disabled.

Other links :
    Initial post for the app on xda forum : here (73 downloads/views before link removed).
    Interested discussion about the "feature"/bug on motorola forum here.:rolleyes:
    Sources codes are shared here (if someone is interrested).
    You can register to this RSS to follow bug fixes or next features (this topic will be updated too).

Sorry for my english.:eek:

Known bugs :
    + Vibrate on AlarmClock option works only on some AlarmClock (stock Android AlarmClock and Motoblur AlarmClock).Version 1.3.1 tries to add more Alarm app triggers.
    + Disabling vibrate after an AlarmClock is done only after 10 minutes and not when the alarm is killed by user.

How to report a bug

Post on this forum a description of the issue, and give me options you use with that form :
    Code:
    version : XXXXXX

[X] Enable Vibrafix
    [ ] Enable Vibrate
    [ ] Auto-start
    [ ] StatusBar notification
    [ ] On phone call
    [ ] On SMS
    [ ] On alarmclock
    [ ] In "Pocket Mode"
    [ ] Not in charge
    [ ] In vibrate mode
    [ ] Silent mode
    [ ] Vibrate mode
    [ ] Normal mode

Changes log :

v1.6.2 (2015/09/26)
    Add option for enable VibraFix only when phone is in vibrate mode (request from Nurio in that post)

v1.6.1 (2015/04/11)
    - "In charge" Option implemented in an another approach.

v1.6 (2015/04/06)
    -Add option to only enable vibrate when device is not charging

v1.5 (2014/03/12)
    -"Pocket mode" option added.

v1.4.1 (2014/01/18)
    - fixe issue with autostart option
    - change minor settings (default options, text)
    - add android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission in manifest

v1.4 (2013/10/22)
    + add tab compatibility adempt
    + add options to enable Vibrafix according to phone status.

v1.3.3 (2013/07/24)
    +add the possibility to create separate shortcuts for switching on or off VibraFix

v1.3.2 (2012/12/19)
    + add the possibility to create a shortcut to enable or disable VibraFix.

v1.3.1 (2011/06/24)
    + add a bunch of Alarm Triggers : stock 2.3 Deskclock, HTC worldclock, Nexus AlarmClock, Samsung alarmclock.

v1.3 (2011/06/13)
    + minor GUI changes.
    + add optional notification support
    + add support from android 1.6
    + first realease on android market

v1.2 (2011/06/10)
    + add enable vibrate option for Motoblur Alarm Clock.

v1.1 (2011/05/31)
    + add new icons
    + add enable vibrate option for SMS
    + fix button for trying vibrate (for android 2.2.1)
    + fix a bug in settings registration
    + topic dedicated to the app in xda forum
    + SVN links shared

v1.0 (2011/04/2011)
    + public release on xda forum

v0.9 (2011/03/2011)
    + initial release (beta for personal using, on android 2.1)

History :
    I have got my Defy in the end of February 2011 with android 2.1.
    I really dislike the haptic feedback. So my first try was to uncheck option about it in phone settings.
    Bah ... still enabled ! I have searched for a solution and was surprised to find NOTHING.
    hmmm... Coz I have some JAVA knowledge, I decided to code a solution for that : my first android application, VibraFix was born.
    I really thought this application will be useless after the official update (android 2.2.1) ...
    but nothing changed and I still use my fix.
    Hey. This app drains battery by running in the background but according to my stats it's a very low amount of juice and less than a vibrator when used several times a day.
    Okay.
    I understand now.

I will try to implement that later.
    OK. It's done in the version 1.4 (Published few minutes ago on Google Play).
    3 new options added in order to enable vibrafix according the ring status mode.

I'm running the official 2.2.1, and it's working for me. If you just upgraded to FroYo you probably lost root. Even if you have the Superuser Icon you have to root again.