[Q] About Signing apk - Clarifications needed !
Well, I'm going to try to be clear ...
- What I can read in the xda-dev's posts is that it's an obligation to re-sign an apk after modified it (I know it's not necessary in case of modifying only .png files)
- I did that for some apps I modded and it worked well (strange thing is that the META-INF contains file of 2008)
- Today I modified a "system" apk (Contacts.apk) and sign it again the same way. And it didn't work (crash). Then I put back the original META-INF in the new one and it worked ! The difference is that original Contacts.apk is signed by Samsung, and when I resign with my tool the signature is from an other company. So it worked with a modded Contacts.apk with non up to date sign !
So, now, my questions :
- Where can I find a recent key to sign my modded apps (to not have 2008 certifications files) ? (if needed ?)
- Is it really necessary to (re)sign after modifying xml or smali files ?? It seems not ! or only when modifying smali files ?
- Signing frameworks-res.apk is different than an app ?
- Is there a Samsung key to sign system apk's ? (if needed ?)
Sorry, but this let me confused !
Waiting for help !