Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

wifi / bluetooth issues on Atrix 4g

OP sstageboy5

31st May 2011, 05:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello Everyone,
I have a slight problem, here goes, my friend was using my Atrix 4g and she started forceclosing apps and now my wifi / bluetooth wont turn turn on. The phone is updated to the 4.1.8.3 software and yes wifi/bluetooth was working before and after the update. So would anyone any intel on how I would be able to recover them back ? When turning on wifi it reads error and bluth does nothing they both try to go on and then nothing can you help. Thanks sstageboy5 later peace.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
Last edited by sstageboy5; 5th June 2011 at 05:15 AM.
31st May 2011, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 760

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you on stock 4.1.83, or are you rooted?

If rooted, do you have Titanium Backup installed, or anything like Bloat Freezer?

Have you tried just rebooting?

More info please.....................and go slap your friend!..............HARD!
31st May 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Hello , and yes im on stock 4.1.8.3 and I dont have Titanium Backup ya c its hard for me cause I dont have a credit card to buy any apps and the free ones just dont cut the mustard I was told. Do you have any suggestions ?

31st May 2011, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

62 posts
I have the exact same problem, i tried flashing the stock sbf, and also a factory reset but still have the same problem. I had to contact AT&T and i'm getting a replacement phone soon.
31st May 2011, 05:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Aberdeen

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstageboy5

Hello , and yes im on stock 4.1.8.3 and I dont have Titanium Backup ya c its hard for me cause I dont have a credit card to buy any apps and the free ones just dont cut the mustard I was told. Do you have any suggestions ?

Apps like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Bloat Freezer, etc. all require root access, so if you are not rooted, that's a moot point. Are you on AT&T? If so, you could try taking it to an AT&T store, or call customer support. Should have no issues as you haven't messed with your phone from stock.
Last edited by CaelanT; 31st May 2011 at 05:34 PM.
31st May 2011, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Medford, OR
Thanks Meter: 21

168 posts
More
I was having the same BT issue where it wouldn't turn on. I went through all sorts of methods to fix it and finally got it working ... been working perfect ever since. Off the top of my head, I can't recall what it was that I did, but I'll think on it and try to repost my solution. If I'm not mistaken, it was a 3rd party app that was causing the issue, but I'm not 100% on that.

Do you happen to have a banking app installed? I know that when .83 came out, the banking apps quit working and I did a work-around to fix it. I believe that was the issue. I uninstalled my fix and the banking apps. I've since reinstalled them and used Motorola's certificate installer. BT still works well.
31st May 2011, 07:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
No I dont any banking apps on the phone

31st May 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #8  
Flag Aberdeen

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Banking apps shouldn't have affected BT. Didn't on my phone. The banking app issue was a blank screen after login.

Beamed in from WinBorg 4G via XDA Premium app
31st May 2011, 08:33 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
I had a issue where I couldn't turn my wifi back on (1.8.3)

When you toggled it on, it would show scanning, then turn back off. I had to flash sbf 1.2.6 to fix it, then OTA update again
The Following User Says Thank You to scoob8000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2011, 12:08 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Kool thanks much appreciated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread