OK, so I figured it out.
The drivers weren't installing properly on either of my windows 7/intel core 2 duo systems. So, I hooked the tablet up to me Windows 2000 torrent box, and the huawei drivers installed fine.
I was able to root through that computer, but as seen above I was unable to flash CWM.
So, after more tinkering, I became dedicated to fixing the drivers on my Windows 7 computers.
I copied the driver info from my Win2000 box, and then plugged the tablet into my Win7 PC.
Instead of using the 'update driver option' by pointing the computer to a specific location (where the huawei drivers were), I selected 'have disk', and then did that.
The drivers for 'Win7&XP' were still not working, so I decided screw it, and pointed the computer to the 'Win7-AMD' drivers using the have disk option. I specified the correct INF (as seen in driver details from the Win2000 box), and to my surprise it installed correctly!
I then enabled USB debugging, and followed the exact same process; pointing my computer to the Windows 7-AMD drivers as opposed to the Win7&XP drivers, even though I have an intel CPU. It worked.
I then flashed CWM onto my Tablet with the stock 2.1 rom. I'm now upgrading to indonesian 2.2 and will flash the appropriate 2.2 version of CWM, which i'm sure will work.
Hope this helps someone out there!