LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

difference between HBOOT 1.01.0001 & HBOOT 1.01.0002

OP phantom200580

2nd June 2011, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
phantom200580's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
What Is a difference between HBOOT 1.01.0001 & HBOOT 1.01.0002??
both w'll be S-OFF by ‪AlphaRev X ?
2nd June 2011, 11:32 AM   |  #2  
Member
Jaunpils
Thanks Meter: 3
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Wink
Yea i guess, AlphaRev X will S-OFF all devices with HBOOT 1.x

edit: and if not i guess theres possible 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 downgrade
Last edited by inteLzzz; 2nd June 2011 at 12:11 PM.
4th June 2011, 08:22 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 857
 
583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inteLzzz

Yea i guess, AlphaRev X will S-OFF all devices with HBOOT 1.x

edit: and if not i guess theres possible 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 downgrade

For the second: there jis indeed a tutorial that explanced how to do it.

For the first: it is not certain ATM: Alpharev didn't know that there was a 1.01.0002 hboot :) but they do now, they have got the bootloader file to test with and they have already stated that they want to provide support for the very latest hboots, so that includes this one as well.

Anyway, if the manage to replace the 1.01.0001, I don't see why it should not be possible for the 0002 as well. I can't imagine that the differences between the two are that big.

Erwin
4th June 2011, 03:12 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinP

For the second: there jis indeed a tutorial that explanced how to do it.

For the first: it is not certain ATM: Alpharev didn't know that there was a 1.01.0002 hboot :) but they do now, they have got the bootloader file to test with and they have already stated that they want to provide support for the very latest hboots, so that includes this one as well.

Anyway, if the manage to replace the 1.01.0001, I don't see why it should not be possible for the 0002 as well. I can't imagine that the differences between the two are that big.

Erwin

Maybe alpharevX is based on a exploit and 0002 fixes it, anyway downgrading from 0002 to 0001 is easy!
These kind of exploits usually work on specific versions....
5th June 2011, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
lokeshramesh's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
There is actually no difference between 0002 and 0001 they both are same just a version difference-

0001 is made for WWE ROMS and 0002 is made for regional specific ROM like India, France etc..
6th June 2011, 11:24 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 3
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
If you watch the alpha rev x video on the website. You see the phone hboot go from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 when the patch wad applied.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App
7th June 2011, 09:49 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 857
 
583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarclayTech

If you watch the alpha rev x video on the website. You see the phone hboot go from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 when the patch wad applied.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

That number on there hboot is something they can choose, as they make the hboot themself (and not hack it), they can do wathever they want with it. It is already said somewhere els: they will even make it 6.01.x so that htc has to make there next bootloader version higher than 6 to "update" the alpharev hboot to there own one using an OTA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes