Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Major problems with Sensation screen

Tip us?

balders27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Major problems with Sensation screen

Having problems with the touch screen on my sensation and this has now happened on my secound phone! both phones were ok out of box but after a few days first noticed problems from lockscreen as phone would not always unlock when draging app icon into circle then slowly geting worse until would take several swips on screen to even unlock! then started noticing similar problems in norm opperation? sometimes works ok but some times freezes up have tried factory reset and no differance. very strange having this problem on two phones?

rp-x1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Does the touch screen stop working completely?

Mine did that on Monday, had to get a replacement.
Philips Diga -> Philips Savvy -> Nokia 5110 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3510 -> Nokia 3510i -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N80 -> Nokia N80ie -> Nokia E90 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 -> HTC HD2 -> HTC Sensation -> HTC One X (WWE) -> Google Nexus 5 (4.4.4)

balders27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
it seams to stutter once awake works slightly better? but still not responsive

familyhousing
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I've noticed that the proximity sensor and gyroscope are being used aggressively to filter accidental screen presses.
For example, if I place my sensation flat on a table, the lock screen is very hard to unlock. If i place my other hand near the proximity sensor at the same time (or tilt the phone towards me) it unlocks easily. Until I identified this functionality I was beginning to think my right index finger was unsuitable for touch screens (since when placed on a table I tend to use my right hand, but otherwise use my left to unlock).
Hopefully this will be tweaked with future updates.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

balders27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Many thanks I hope itd that simple?

Kurisu87
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I am having the exact same problem, for example on the lock screen I would swipe up but the ring will move slightly, and one icon I.e the camera icon will move towards the ring, another grip which is buggin me is that it will miss screen taps, I.e when texting or clicking an icon one tap will go unnoticed by the device resulting in either a missed letter, or the app not opening. This also goes for the 4 command buttons at the bottom, it happens on these too. I also get the occasional lock up.

Factory reset did not work
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurisu87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

i900frenchaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 136
All of you are you using Sense, and no other launcher?
Samsun Galaxy S4 E330s (Korean) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / HTC One X / HTC Sensation / HTC HD2 / Motorola Defy / Toshiba TG01 / Samsung i900 Omnia

Fpse forum moderator
http://www.fpsece.net

ianford10
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by i900frenchaddict View Post
All of you are you using Sense, and no other launcher?
Had the exact same issue on my first phone but i was using adw launcher, not installed it on my second phone and had no issues at all

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App
Devices:
HTC ONE M8 (grey) UK Generic
Galaxy Note III UK Generic
Sony Xperia Z1 UK Generic

Kurisu87
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I am currently using launcher pro, but even using the htc stock launcher the problem still arises. When I did a factory reset, the problem was still apparent when entering my pin number for the first time.

familyhousing
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurisu87 View Post
I am having the exact same problem, for example on the lock screen I would swipe up but the ring will move slightly, and one icon I.e the camera icon will move towards the ring, another grip which is buggin me is that it will miss screen taps, I.e when texting or clicking an icon one tap will go unnoticed by the device resulting in either a missed letter, or the app not opening. This also goes for the 4 command buttons at the bottom, it happens on these too. I also get the occasional lock up.

Factory reset did not work
As I stated before, I experience this problem but it only occurs when the phone is laid flat and my hands are well away from the proximity sensor at the top left of the screen. I can say that the part you are describing with the lock screen is 100% the same problem I come across in certain situations.

Please test to see if the problem is still present when the phone is tilted in your hand and, if you are laying the phone flat when you experience the problem, try putting your other hand near the proximity sensor when you try to unlock.

If this happens as I describe then it is most likely a software bug which only affects users who have particular phone use habits.

Saying that, as you are having quite severe symptoms, during general use, it may be that you have a faulty proximity sensor in your phone - leading to missed screen taps when the phone thinks you are not touching the phone.

Tags
freeze, problems, screen, sensation