Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][STOCK][CWM]Stock ROMs

Tip us?

imnuts
Old
(Last edited by imnuts; 10th June 2011 at 05:29 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][STOCK][CWM]Stock ROMs

Initially, I was going to just have a post for stock ED2, but I got a request for an ED1 update.zip as well, so this will be for CWM package for Stock ROMs, and I'll try to keep it up-to-date. These packages are fully stock, bloated, and Odexed.

Currently, we only have two system releases available (officially) and both are available here. As more updates come out, I'll update this post as I have time to create the package for said updates. If someone else can create it before I do, then I'll just edit the post and link to the download, giving the creator proper credit.

NOTE: The ED2 was packaged with the kernel from ED1, so flashing this may not necessarily restore OTA update functionality. Also, flashing any of these packages does not guarantee OTA functionality. The ED2 package should now have the ED2 stock kernel in with it

WARNING: If you are currently on a Voodoo Lagfix kernel and are running with the lagfix enabled, you will need to disable the lagfix fully before flashing any stock ROM package. Failure to do so will result in a non-booting phone and could also potentially lead to data corruption.

Installation
1. Download the zip file and place it on your SDCard.
2. Boot into CWM Recovery
3. Install ZIP that you downloaded.
4. Reboot and enjoy your bloated goodness.

Download - ED1
Download - ED2
Download - EE4
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidXcon
Old
Thanks Meter 127
has anyone tried to get root shell with recovery on a stock unrooted device?

RaptorMD
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Thanks imnuts, I appreciate the work. One question, about OTA, if for some reason it doesn't restore OTA abilities, can we manually request an OTA or would it be gone completely.

For me stock is something I will do between ROM's or for repair purposes. Once the custom ROMS get a bit further along I will be on several. I need to collect all of my notes on what to do when and how so I don't mess up my phone, again.

Good to know that CWM will now allow us to disable Voodoo and restore FTW.

imnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD View Post
Thanks imnuts, I appreciate the work. One question, about OTA, if for some reason it doesn't restore OTA abilities, can we manually request an OTA or would it be gone completely.
If needed, we can probably hack together a zip file that can be flashed in CWM to do incremental updates to various system files to return full OTA update-ability. If we ever get a full Odin image, that would also work.

Also, updated the title and OP. I'll just use this to post stock ROM zip files meant for flashing in CWM. Currently have ED1 and ED2 in the first post, will add more as we get updates.
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaptorMD
Old
Thanks Meter 216
This is great, now we can reboot into recovery, disable voodoo, use one of the two update.zip files and then use Odin to reflash the root/kernel/cwm package. Great work.

papi92
Old
Thanks Meter 1348

DONATE TO ME
Will this effect clockwork

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App

imnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi92 View Post
Will this effect clockwork

Yes. No more CWM after flashing these. You will be back on stock kernel/recovery.
Stock Odin Restore files

imnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Hopefully no one tried to flash either of these. There was an error in the updater-script that I just fixed, so if you downloaded the files "just in case" before this post, delete and redownload.
Stock Odin Restore files

papi92
Old
Thanks Meter 1348

DONATE TO ME
Ed2 worked for me lol

papi92
Old
Thanks Meter 1348

DONATE TO ME
I flashed ed2 yesterday at 12am et and have had no problems