Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WebTop Screenshots

OP naplesbill

3rd June 2011, 09:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

796 posts
So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

I will start with a couple from my device:

The Following User Says Thank You to naplesbill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2011, 10:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

441 posts
More
vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots
3rd June 2011, 10:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

796 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschalis

vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots

I haven't tried vlc and I don't have sound working on the Debian side yet. Sound works fine in the native WebTop apps though. I am getting some dbus errors during Gnome startup. It seems to be related to the original 2GB Debian image I used first. I am not using the 4GB image.

I plan to start from scratch but I haven't had the time to do that yet. I am fairly certain that resetting the phone and redoing the hack will get rid of the errors.

Everything seems to work otherwise though. Also, the bluetooth has added functionality when running Debian. I can pair a Microsoft bluetooth mouse that will not pair with the WebTop bluetooth stack.
12th June 2011, 06:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
More
This is basically the standard webtop after adding lxterminal and a few other packages via the dpkg command. The screen shot was done with gnome-screenshot which seems to be pre-included in Moto's webtop implementation.

I tried the 'full ubuntu' install, but decided it took just way too much space for what I actually need. So, after wiping the phone and reinstalling sbfs I went about putting on just what I use for work and play.

12th June 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

796 posts
Looks great. Now we just need a larger partition so we can install more stuff!

For now, I am still using the Debian hack. It would be better to just crack the motobuntu wide open though.
26th June 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

159 posts
I know its not quite as impressive as the modded webtop,but I prefer using the stock webtop because it runs faster than off the SD card,and its easier to hack this one to get some usability from it,than to install a whole new system like GenTop

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1157632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-1.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1157633  
The Following User Says Thank You to teeth_03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 47

56 posts
More
[QUOTE=naplesbill;14404249]So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by naplesbill

So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ?
27th June 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

57 posts
Great thread idea!

mywebtop:

Using webtop+ /ubuntop (atrix/photon)

-changed metacity theme to dust_blue // using default gtk2 theme.
-installed xfce4 via synaptic (using the metapackage)
-modified startup scripts (replacing lxde with xfce)

edit:
-oh and disabled webtop-panel

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread