Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WebTop Screenshots

Tip us?

naplesbill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default WebTop Screenshots

So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

I will start with a couple from my device:

It doesn't matter if you have an Android, iOS, WP7, or any other OS based device. Just enjoy what you have and share with the rest of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to naplesbill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paschalis
Old
Thanks Meter 50
vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots

naplesbill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschalis View Post
vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots
I haven't tried vlc and I don't have sound working on the Debian side yet. Sound works fine in the native WebTop apps though. I am getting some dbus errors during Gnome startup. It seems to be related to the original 2GB Debian image I used first. I am not using the 4GB image.

I plan to start from scratch but I haven't had the time to do that yet. I am fairly certain that resetting the phone and redoing the hack will get rid of the errors.

Everything seems to work otherwise though. Also, the bluetooth has added functionality when running Debian. I can pair a Microsoft bluetooth mouse that will not pair with the WebTop bluetooth stack.
It doesn't matter if you have an Android, iOS, WP7, or any other OS based device. Just enjoy what you have and share with the rest of us.

cmcnabb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is basically the standard webtop after adding lxterminal and a few other packages via the dpkg command. The screen shot was done with gnome-screenshot which seems to be pre-included in Moto's webtop implementation.

I tried the 'full ubuntu' install, but decided it took just way too much space for what I actually need. So, after wiping the phone and reinstalling sbfs I went about putting on just what I use for work and play.

naplesbill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Looks great. Now we just need a larger partition so we can install more stuff!

For now, I am still using the Debian hack. It would be better to just crack the motobuntu wide open though.

teeth_03
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I know its not quite as impressive as the modded webtop,but I prefer using the stock webtop because it runs faster than off the SD card,and its easier to hack this one to get some usability from it,than to install a whole new system like GenTop

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1157632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-1.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1157633  
The Following User Says Thank You to teeth_03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dvijm
Old
Thanks Meter 47
[QUOTE=naplesbill;14404249]So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by naplesbill View Post
So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ?

Bluemotion
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Great thread idea!

mywebtop:

Using webtop+ /ubuntop (atrix/photon)

-changed metacity theme to dust_blue // using default gtk2 theme.
-installed xfce4 via synaptic (using the metapackage)
-modified startup scripts (replacing lxde with xfce)

edit:
-oh and disabled webtop-panel