Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developers even working on this phone?

Tip us?

SwiftLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default Developers even working on this phone?

Just curious if any roms or anything are being developed for the DX2. I have an upgrade available and the $50 off loyalty user discount, and I'm debating between this, the iPhone, or the Charge(Really don't want to pay 250 for a phone but MEH)...

Being as I have a D1 now, and am getting an Asus Transformer on Monday, I really don't need a Android phone so I'm leaning to the iPhone. The DX2 keeps drawing me back with its Tegra 2 >_>

nitroglycerine33
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLegend View Post
Just curious if any roms or anything are being developed for the DX2. I have an upgrade available and the $50 off loyalty user discount, and I'm debating between this, the iPhone, or the Charge(Really don't want to pay 250 for a phone but MEH)...

Being as I have a D1 now, and am getting an Asus Transformer on Monday, I really don't need a Android phone so I'm leaning to the iPhone. The DX2 keeps drawing me back with its Tegra 2 >_>
As soon as we have an SBF development will start. Will the previous bootstrap method work if it is modified for our phone? Maybe.

Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

juhde
Old
Thanks Meter 39
P3Droid confirmed TBH has plans for development of the X2 and D3 a few hours ago.

He also said they don't have a X2 yet, so no real time frame was given.

Sent from my DROID X2
iPhone - You're holding it wrong

ronhova
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhde View Post
P3Droid confirmed TBH has plans for development of the X2 and D3 a few hours ago.

He also said they don't have a X2 yet, so no real time frame was given.

Sent from my DROID X2
Man, I love those guys. They never let us down.

eval-
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 333
someone with a clue could just go ahead and try Edgan's 2nd init:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1109287

if someone dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p[1 to 17] of=/sdcard/dx2-blk0p[1 to 17] i can poke around, see if your init.rc has changed, etc. *.prop files and /proc/mounts or output of /bin/df -h would help. gitbrew.org would probably give you space to host.

can y'all root with gingerbreak? please don't try the above 'dd' command unless you know what you are doing. you'll need root anyway...

pretty sure your device is much like atrix but cdma, less ram, smaller emmc, no webtop or front facing camera. otherwise, a lot of atrix tricks might work for you, but we don't have a huge number of devs working on our phone either =(

Bigdragon2k3
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yes u can root with gingerbreak

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

cakofony
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It looks like they're labled 1-18 on the x2, I'll take a look after I get back from the gym.

Is there an atrix init.rc I could run a diff on?

eval-
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 333
1-18 is just like ours, but we have /webtop on p13, what do you have there? (p18 is our /sdcard and so would not be needed in a dump, nor would p16, our /data)

otherwise similar to: http://a-trix.net/wiki/index.php/Partitions ?

i've extracted atrix CG56 (boot.img) ramdisk and init.rc, attached to this post, please share your init.rc, *.prop, or just full system dump if you can.

whether Edgan's 2nd init hack will work (breaking in at mount_ext3.sh) depends on your particular init.rc and /system. also, we do not yet have a GUI bootmenu for atrix 2nd init. tenfar ported our CWM but i think others are getting the recovery built more or less direct from his git so you could port that somewhat easily.

if there is a translation of build.prop IDs to sbf filenames for your phone someone should detail that so the .sbf file can be pulled. (might be also depend on /default.prop from ramdisk) surely this is known by someone. otherwise a VZ employee should be kindly encouraged to leak it so you can dev safely!
Attached Files
File Type: zip atrix-initrc.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.9 KB, 5 views)

Bigdragon2k3
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Here you go

http://db.tt/exHKBGg

Attached is my init.rc and build.prop files

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdragon2k3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwiftLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Well thanks for all the answers, but I just read on Engadget that the Samsung GS2 is rumored to be coming to Verizon in July. Definitely saving for that.