Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Developers even working on this phone?

OP SwiftLegend

3rd June 2011, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90

799 posts
Just curious if any roms or anything are being developed for the DX2. I have an upgrade available and the $50 off loyalty user discount, and I'm debating between this, the iPhone, or the Charge(Really don't want to pay 250 for a phone but MEH)...

Being as I have a D1 now, and am getting an Asus Transformer on Monday, I really don't need a Android phone so I'm leaning to the iPhone. The DX2 keeps drawing me back with its Tegra 2 >_>
3rd June 2011, 10:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
IA
Thanks Meter: 6,115

2,716 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLegend

Just curious if any roms or anything are being developed for the DX2. I have an upgrade available and the $50 off loyalty user discount, and I'm debating between this, the iPhone, or the Charge(Really don't want to pay 250 for a phone but MEH)...

Being as I have a D1 now, and am getting an Asus Transformer on Monday, I really don't need a Android phone so I'm leaning to the iPhone. The DX2 keeps drawing me back with its Tegra 2 >_>

As soon as we have an SBF development will start. Will the previous bootstrap method work if it is modified for our phone? Maybe.
5th June 2011, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Carlsbad, NM
Thanks Meter: 39

337 posts
More
P3Droid confirmed TBH has plans for development of the X2 and D3 a few hours ago.

He also said they don't have a X2 yet, so no real time frame was given.

Sent from my DROID X2
6th June 2011, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhde

P3Droid confirmed TBH has plans for development of the X2 and D3 a few hours ago.

He also said they don't have a X2 yet, so no real time frame was given.

Sent from my DROID X2

Man, I love those guys. They never let us down.
7th June 2011, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 333

227 posts
someone with a clue could just go ahead and try Edgan's 2nd init:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1109287

if someone dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p[1 to 17] of=/sdcard/dx2-blk0p[1 to 17] i can poke around, see if your init.rc has changed, etc. *.prop files and /proc/mounts or output of /bin/df -h would help. gitbrew.org would probably give you space to host.

can y'all root with gingerbreak? please don't try the above 'dd' command unless you know what you are doing. you'll need root anyway...

pretty sure your device is much like atrix but cdma, less ram, smaller emmc, no webtop or front facing camera. otherwise, a lot of atrix tricks might work for you, but we don't have a huge number of devs working on our phone either =(
7th June 2011, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Yes u can root with gingerbreak

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
7th June 2011, 10:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
It looks like they're labled 1-18 on the x2, I'll take a look after I get back from the gym.

Is there an atrix init.rc I could run a diff on?
8th June 2011, 03:05 AM   |  #8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 333

227 posts
1-18 is just like ours, but we have /webtop on p13, what do you have there? (p18 is our /sdcard and so would not be needed in a dump, nor would p16, our /data)

otherwise similar to: http://a-trix.net/wiki/index.php/Partitions ?

i've extracted atrix CG56 (boot.img) ramdisk and init.rc, attached to this post, please share your init.rc, *.prop, or just full system dump if you can.

whether Edgan's 2nd init hack will work (breaking in at mount_ext3.sh) depends on your particular init.rc and /system. also, we do not yet have a GUI bootmenu for atrix 2nd init. tenfar ported our CWM but i think others are getting the recovery built more or less direct from his git so you could port that somewhat easily.

if there is a translation of build.prop IDs to sbf filenames for your phone someone should detail that so the .sbf file can be pulled. (might be also depend on /default.prop from ramdisk) surely this is known by someone. otherwise a VZ employee should be kindly encouraged to leak it so you can dev safely!
Attached Files
File Type: zip atrix-initrc.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.9 KB, 5 views)
8th June 2011, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Here you go

http://db.tt/exHKBGg

Attached is my init.rc and build.prop files

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdragon2k3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2011, 10:51 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90

799 posts
Well thanks for all the answers, but I just read on Engadget that the Samsung GS2 is rumored to be coming to Verizon in July. Definitely saving for that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread