[TUT] How to mod your own framework-res.apk to include the CRT screen off animation
First of all... Thanks go to sbong for bringing this to my attention and helping me through it.. including proving me with some of the files I needed to make this work..
Also thanks to the devs who created the util's needed to do this mod.
Ok - So I've already modded my framework-res.apk in UOT kitchen so I didn't want to re-do all those mods... and as much as anything else I wanted to be able to do this myself..
Adding the CRT animation to your phone.
- You'll need to replace the apktool in the OTHER directory once you've installed apkmanager with the one attached below.
1. Get your framework-res.apk from your phone and put it in the "modding" folder
2. Run apk manager, decompile option 9 [NOT USING DEPENDENCY OPTION]
3. Go into projects\framework-res\res\values\bools.xml [EDIT]
4. Make config_animateScreenLights to false [SAVE and EXIT]
5. Go back to script and select compile option 11.
6. Say y [System app]
7. Say n [don't need to retain anything else]
8. Delete AndroidManifest.xml and Meta-Inf folder from unsignedframework-res.apk
9. Copy and paste AndroidManifest.xml and Meta-Inf folder from original framework-res.apk into unsignframework-res
.......... open the apk files using 7 zip or similar. Do not extract them..
.......... Copy and paste from inside the original apk to inside the new one.
10. You'll find unsignedframework-res.apk in "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder
10a. RENAME IT to framework-res.apk
11. Copy the new framework-res.apk onto your phone in the SYSTEM folder
12. Change the permissions to RW-R--R--
13. Move the file into the FRAMEWORK folder.
Tested and works on my arc. (Finally!)
Video of the animation...
[EDIT - Added the apktool here as the original link is now dead.]
- Samsung Tocco; SE Xperia X10; Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro; SE Xperia arc -Bootloader UNLOCKED
- Sony Xperia T - Stock.. for once!
- Sony Tablet S - SGPT111GB/S - looking to upgrade to something decent!