Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Inc to Inc 2??

Tip us?

missl843
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Inc to Inc 2??

I have the original incredible and I love it, but I want a bigger screen. I found the inc 2 for $50... Is it worth it or just wait til something better comes out? I had the Thunderbolt and HATED it. Way too many problems.

edster00
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Although I loved my original Inc, I switched to the Inc2; I am very happy I made the switch. I love the larger screen, the phone is larger but thinner and the battery life is much better (stock battery). I'll not switch phones again until at least the end of this contract cycle.

ACD168
Old
Thanks Meter 135
DEF worth it, I MISS root VERY much, but even without root the phone is spectacular, and hopefully root will come soon, I suggest you do what I did, get the inc2, but keep your inc1 to have fun with root. Love it!, once we get root on inc2(IF that is), inc1 will be my MP3 player full time

tktouch12
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
i loved my inc1, but i'm not as crazy about my inc2. mostly because i'm addicted to root.. (actually roms)
i want to get gingerbread and maybe a little miui on here, but i guess as a phone its a good upgrade from the inc1. the screen is definitely nice

nimdae
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I would say there are probably better options out now as well as coming soon. With me, going from the Eris to the I2 was a massive upgrade and worth the cost at the time. However, spend a little more and you can pick up a Charge, which has been rooted already, or LG Revolution, which is supposedly the first LTE device with a useful battery life. I'd say make sure you look at what's available before jumping into a device that is not going to receive much manufacturer nor carrier support, and may be a while yet with root.

I've very happy with my I2 despite not yet having root. It's completely changed my perspective of Android devices as my Eris was becoming frustrating to use, even while using CM7. I look forward to getting back to CM on my I2.
Motorola DROID Mini
Running CM11 Nightly

Asus Transformer Book T100TA
Windows 8.1 until I can get Android working

eganraC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
bionic would be mu choice it global weren't important. I had an inc1 and miss it dearly but the inc2 is an outstanding phone if you can do without root. they really got some things right here.

missl843
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well I decided to get it and I love it now that I was able to root

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

shoman24v
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Worth it, if I can root the bitch. I have been yearning for a stock sense ROM for my Incredible, none have been able to fill that stock void except for the Incredible 2. Needs a few tweaks but is great overall, sans the ****ing uninstallable bloat.
| Samsung Galaxy Nexus | AOKP |

missl843
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So you haven't rooted yet?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

Tags
incredible, upgrade, worth