Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get temporary root?

Tip us?

toekomst30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to get temporary root?

Hi guys and girls,

Can somebody please explain in depth how i can get temporary root on my HTC Wildfire with hboot 1.01.0001, s-on and android 2.2.1.? I tried superoneclick v1.91 and gingerbreak v1.2 but with no luck. There are people who say that they have temporary root but just cannot figure it out. I hope that you can help me on this one! Thanks in advance.

BarclayTech
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toekomst30 View Post
Hi guys and girls,

Can somebody please explain in depth how i can get temporary root on my HTC Wildfire with hboot 1.01.0001, s-on and android 2.2.1.? I tried superoneclick v1.91 and gingerbreak v1.2 but with no luck. There are people who say that they have temporary root but just cannot figure it out. I hope that you can help me on this one! Thanks in advance.
You cant get. temp root on 2.2.1

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App
bx19 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by toekomst30 View Post
Hi guys and girls,

That is better called shell root. Use older version of superoneclick (i think v 1.7).
U can access root from adb only. And root only apps will not work.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

toekomst30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, i understand. Thanks for the info anyway.