More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Purchased a Sprint EVO 4G w/ Gingerbread 2.3 and Cyanagen Mod 7.03 - can i activate?

OP bluearchtop

4th June 2011, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi Guys I just bought a Spring Evo 4G that has Gingerbread 2.3 and Cyanagen Mod 7.03. Will I be able to activate this w/ Sprint? The seller says it is a clean ESN. Or will I have to restore this (how?) to activate it?
Thanks for the help!!
4th June 2011, 10:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 289

886 posts
Donate to Me
More
As long as the esn is clean, you should be fine. The things needed to activate a phone on your account are the imei, min, mdn, etc. These are independent of the rom. Since the imei is already in Sprint's system, you might even be able to do it yourself (though perhaps not a good idea if you have the insurance).
5th June 2011, 12:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I thought so too, although the seller told me I would have to flash to stock rom...
5th June 2011, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 289

886 posts
Donate to Me
More
Something else just occurred to me. If you take the phone to a Sprint store to activate it, I can imagine the rep being less than enthusiastic about programming a phone with non-standard software. For that matter, I'm not certain that cyanogen includes the programming menu required to edit these codes for activation. I'll update when I learn more.

Edit: The epst app which does the phone programming is not compatible with cm7, as far as I can tell. So he's right. You will have to revert to stock to activate it.
Last edited by Maximilian Mary; 6th June 2011 at 07:42 AM.
5th June 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 7

114 posts
More
When I first bought my hero it was using cyanogenmod, I had to flash back to the original rom to be able to activate it.
5th June 2011, 08:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 462

1,674 posts
More
Just make a nandroid backup & flash the stock rooted rom. After activation you can just restore from your nandroid backup or flash another rom.
I'd suggest the odexed version of stock. If you're taking it in, go ahead and flash the latest update that came out yesterday so they don't try to update it for you.

(from... Evo/MIUI/Tapatalk)
6th June 2011, 06:46 AM   |  #7  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 70

381 posts
Donate to Me
More
Like was said....simple nandroid the current setup and flash the latest OTA-Rooted update.

Once you get it set up the simply nandroid the stock ROM (Just in case) and restore to the CM7 setup.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread