Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Word Game] Le God of Words

OP HyprGeek

5th June 2011, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Released a new word game.
Waiting for feedback....

Get it here:
https://market.android.com/details?i...k.legodofwords






Quote:

STATUTORY WARNING: Highly Addictive!

The Word Game with high quality gameplay and graphics,
challenging to even the most elite players out there...

Can you complete the challenge & become Le God of Words?

Scrambler Mode:

Unscramble the anagram before the time runs out in the timed mode, or go through your own pace in the standard mode.
Gets meaning automatically after a certain time, but beware, the timer keeps ticking while you read the meaning.

***Saves progress automatically in timed mode, after solving a word***

More than 16000 words, all legit, none of it imaginary, from 6-letter words upto 22-letter words.

In the timed mode, for every specific time the game is started, none of the words will ever be repeated.
In the standard mode, the words will never ever be repeated.

Classic Mode (Coming Soon):

Form words with letters and get points. Get a minimum score or unjumble the specific word to move to the next level.

Genuine & Non-repeating as in the scrambler mode.

Begin from 6-letter words and unlock upto 21-letter words.

Beautiful and more importantly, usable graphics, having specific purpose in the game.

Includes Global HighScores and Achievements by OpenFeint.


Coming Soon:
Classic Mode,
Support for more languages.

The Following User Says Thank You to HyprGeek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Update v1.3
Changed difficulty to progressive,
now unscramble a specific number of words to unlock longer words.

Upcoming Change:
OpenFeint Achievements
6th June 2011, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
k4p741nkrunch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 126
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Looks like my kind of game!
I'm definitely going to try this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to k4p741nkrunch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Smile
Installing now, looks good. Will give it a go and give feedback.
6th June 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Eagerly Waiting for feedback...
6th June 2011, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyprGeek

Eagerly Waiting for feedback...

cool game bro. really enjoying it.
The Following User Says Thank You to silentronin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 08:47 PM   |  #7  
k4p741nkrunch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 126
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Wow, it's pretty difficult. Got LAPPAL to start and it's been driving me nuts!

I think you could work on a better icon for the app, perhaps a more consistent design for the app overall. I noticed that when you start a game it requires you to press 'next' to start. Perhaps you could replace this with 'Start' and make it shift to 'Next' after the game starts.

Also, most importantly, when you hit back a couple times it displays your little 'Looks like someone is a quitter' addition, but then fails to actually quit. Makes it seem like this is a malicious app designed to stay in the background and eat your battery. I recommend you make this a priority.

Otherwise, it's got some potential!
The Following User Says Thank You to k4p741nkrunch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #8  
cushcalc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 45
 
914 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Possible errors, or, intentional?
Love this kind of game.

Found 2 possible errors so far: 1) "sprout" not accepted but "stupor" was (both can be made from same set of letters). 2) "bursty" accepted as a word. I know it is used, but it is not an accepted word in dictionaries I've referenced.

Also, "poster" not accepted when "presto" is. And "roasts" not accepted but "assort" is. If this is an intentional part of the game, then it needs to say "ok that fits but it's not the word I'm thinking of" or something like that.

More: "remain" and "marine" not accepted, but "airmen" is.

Animations could be quicker too, IMHO - having to wait for letters to go up into the sky.
Last edited by cushcalc; 6th June 2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: additional info
The Following User Says Thank You to cushcalc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2011, 04:41 AM   |  #9  
Member
Austin
Thanks Meter: 18
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
My feedback:
The shuffle button takes <i>forever</i> to reset so that I can press it again. Perhaps this is by design, but the time is extremely slow.

Shuffle should also do reset so that it takes all the letters out of the already entered ones.

Clicking a letter that has already been selected (moved to top row) should cancel that letter, at least for the last letter in the word.

Besides those few complaints, the game is really good and I look forward to spending more time with it.

<i>Edit:</i>
Just noticed this, when looking at the definition hint, time is still taken away but the timer is not animated and when you resume the game, the timer will jump to something much lower.
Last edited by jjohns63; 7th June 2011 at 04:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohns63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2011, 05:14 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:

cool game bro. really enjoying it.

Thanks a lot Will get the classic mode finished asap!


Quote:
Originally Posted by k4p741nkrunch

Wow, it's pretty difficult. Got LAPPAL to start and it's been driving me nuts!

I think you could work on a better icon for the app, perhaps a more consistent design for the app overall. I noticed that when you start a game it requires you to press 'next' to start. Perhaps you could replace this with 'Start' and make it shift to 'Next' after the game starts.

Also, most importantly, when you hit back a couple times it displays your little 'Looks like someone is a quitter' addition, but then fails to actually quit. Makes it seem like this is a malicious app designed to stay in the background and eat your battery. I recommend you make this a priority.

Otherwise, it's got some potential!

Hey thanks, yeah maybe ill replace the next button with start.
About the back button, if u hit back in the quit screen, you'll go back to the main menu. Need to select one of the faces maybe i'll change the design to make them look like buttons

Quote:

Love this kind of game.

Found 2 possible errors so far: 1) "sprout" not accepted but "stupor" was (both can be made from same set of letters). 2) "bursty" accepted as a word. I know it is used, but it is not an accepted word in dictionaries I've referenced.

Also, "poster" not accepted when "presto" is. And "roasts" not accepted but "assort" is. If this is an intentional part of the game, then it needs to say "ok that fits but it's not the word I'm thinking of" or something like that.

More: "remain" and "marine" not accepted, but "airmen" is.

Animations could be quicker too, IMHO - having to wait for letters to go up into the sky.

yeah, there can be multiple words, I'll just change to add a message if the word is correct but not the required one, anyways, you can check the meaning by tapping on the moon in standard as well as timed mode, so you know what the required word means.

and about 'bursty', it is a word in oxford dictionary
plus you dont need to wait for the letter to "go up in the sky" :P...just touch them all as fast as u can and press submit
anyways guess I'll also speed up the animations a bit....Thanks for the feedback

Quote:

My feedback:
The shuffle button takes <i>forever</i> to reset so that I can press it again. Perhaps this is by design, but the time is extremely slow.

Shuffle should also do reset so that it takes all the letters out of the already entered ones.

Clicking a letter that has already been selected (moved to top row) should cancel that letter, at least for the last letter in the word.

Besides those few complaints, the game is really good and I look forward to spending more time with it.

<i>Edit:</i>
Just noticed this, when looking at the definition hint, time is still taken away but the timer is not animated and when you resume the game, the timer will jump to something much lower.

hehe, yeah the shuffle button is designed like that, so that u dont get the correct word by constantly shuffling , maybe i'll reduce the time by 1 sec
yeah, it used to reset earlier, but i disabled it, that's what reset button is for
I've already added the removal of single letters in the next update.

Yeah, the timer keeps counting down, but doesnt show animation, due to implementation of android's dialogbox, where background app animations are deactivated. ill look into that later.

Thanks again people, for checking out the app and for all of your feedback
Last edited by HyprGeek; 7th June 2011 at 08:04 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anagram, android game, scrabble, word game, word search
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes