Revert to old clockwork mod with Rom Manager

OP mikeinstlouis

5th June 2011, 08:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 5

164 posts
More
Hey. I just rooted my phone and I am trying to flash some things but I can't do so anymore because my version of clockwork MOD no longer supports Amend, I believe it is...

SO, I read that I need to revert to an older Clockwork Mod recover ROM to be able to flash these items

There is an option in Rom manager to go back to the 2.5.0.7 and I currently have 3.0.0.5. Is this safe?

My question is, if I have done a nandroid backup, I fear that messing with this clockwork mod thing will erase everything and not let me have the options to recover stuff...and if something screws up, how could I recover my nandroid backup. Do I need to have a functioning clockwork mod to do this, just in case downgrading messes this up?

I hope this makes sense! I guess I am just wondering if downgrading to a prior vesion of cockwork mod will mess my life up.

Thanks

Mike
5th June 2011, 08:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,102

8,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can't use rom manager to downgrade, as they are not for the evo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gijd69zb5222w

Download the version on want, just make sure to rename it so it only says PC36IMG, place on the root of your sd card, boot into the bootloader, then apply update.
The Following User Says Thank You to teh roxxorz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2011, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 5

164 posts
More
Thank you for your response. This won't mess my phone up so that I can't boot in to the recover mod? I am thinking it would be safe otherwise you wouldn't have recommended it.

I understand about renaming the file...when it goes through it's boot up thing, will it simply ask me to apply the update?

Thanks

Mike
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread