Post Reply

[Rooting] Galaxy Gio GT-S5660

OP strunkie

5th June 2011, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Root your Gio With Gingerbread 2.3.3:
1. Download: Update.zip
2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Now, you will have to switch ON your device in the recovery Mode which can be done by holding the Middle button and then Power ON the device by pressing the Power ON button.
5. In recovery mode, you will see the option called update from SD Card, select this option and then you will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
6. Wait a few seconds (MAX 5 minutes!)

7. Your phone is rooted
Attached Files
File Type: zip Update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (924.7 KB, 203936 views)
Last edited by strunkie; 5th June 2011 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to strunkie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 02:00 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Thanks for the info!
The Following User Says Thank You to jca11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 09:13 AM   |  #3  
ptr_hamilton's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 459
 
924 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkie

Root your Gio With Gingerbread 2.3.3:
1. Download: Update.zip
2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Now, you will have to switch ON your device in the recovery Mode which can be done by holding the Middle button and then Power ON the device by pressing the Power ON button.
5. In recovery mode, you will see the option called update from SD Card, select this option and then you will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
6. Wait a few seconds (MAX 5 minutes!)

7. Your phone is rooted

Great! Works without issues
Superoneclick with gingerbreak doesn't work but your guide saved my day

Thanks a lot :)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptr_hamilton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 09:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
no problem!
6th June 2011, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I have a buddy after uploading the program superuser Uploader link 2SD and always reset your phone does not remember my fat32 and ext2 root evil
12th June 2011, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
superuser installed, but doesn't seem to work.. no apps that require root works
13th June 2011, 02:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresegersvard

superuser installed, but doesn't seem to work.. no apps that require root works

Let's fix it.
Can you tell me more about your phone?

Phone
Android Firmware:
Download Z4Root say this app your phone is rooted ?:
How many times did you try this update
Get you update warnings?
16th June 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
rooting problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkie

Root your Gio With Gingerbread 2.3.3:
1. Download: Update.zip
2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Now, you will have to switch ON your device in the recovery Mode which can be done by holding the Middle button and then Power ON the device by pressing the Power ON button.
5. In recovery mode, you will see the option called update from SD Card, select this option and then you will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
6. Wait a few seconds (MAX 5 minutes!)

7. Your phone is rooted

Hi!

I've updated my phone to Gingerbread 2.3.3.(samsung galaxy gio GT-S5660)

My problem is when I start recovery mode I get this message:

--Appling Muti-CSC--
Can't access to '/system/csc/SER/system

I have the option "apply update from sdcard"
but when press on it I get this:

E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

I copied earlear the update.zip to sdcard.

What is the problem ?
Please help me.
Thanks....
Last edited by dziddzi; 16th June 2011 at 07:03 PM.
17th June 2011, 09:49 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziddzi

Hi!

I've updated my phone to Gingerbread 2.3.3.(samsung galaxy gio GT-S5660)

My problem is when I start recovery mode I get this message:

--Appling Muti-CSC--
Can't access to '/system/csc/SER/system

I have the option "apply update from sdcard"
but when press on it I get this:

E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

I copied earlear the update.zip to sdcard.

What is the problem ?
Please help me.
Thanks....

Download Z4Root say this app your phone is rooted ?:
How many times did you try this update
18th June 2011, 07:06 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I have same problem!!
And i have download Z4Root but when i
select Temporary Root or Permanent Root
it will stuck

And I get this message every time when i start recovery mode

plz help me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung galaxy sii
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 Android Development by ThreadRank