Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Restart button?

OP rorytmeadows

5th June 2011, 05:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charleston, SC metro area
Thanks Meter: 216

2,397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any recommendations for a restart button? I'm too lazy to power off then power on the device.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
5th June 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Quick Boot!! Nice app..
6th June 2011, 06:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag On the move
Thanks Meter: 8

216 posts
Does that actually reboo the tab?

I thought all it did was kill all running apps to 'simulate' a reboot.

It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).
6th June 2011, 01:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charleston, SC metro area
Thanks Meter: 216

2,397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffbutt

Does that actually reboo the tab?

I thought all it did was kill all running apps to 'simulate' a reboot.

It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).

It definitely reboots! The pro version has a mode that "simulates" a reboot, similar to what you're talking about.
6th June 2011, 02:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag Moscow

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffbutt

Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.
6th June 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag On the move
Thanks Meter: 8

216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anusthegreat

Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.

Yes, i wasn't trying to bring it up as a subject, just asking if rooting it was worth it for the reboot app.

I can see some people might want root, and the ADFree is probably one good reason. The rest don't interest me at all.
7th June 2011, 02:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Moscow

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
I used to have a custom Darky's ROM on my previous Samsung Galaxy S, I had an extra power-off menu letting me choose Reboot or Shutdown or even Recovery or Download modes. Obviously, I was using the feature to reboot the device pretty often; I'd like to have a one-button widget rebooting my device properly.
Also, about the apps which don't interest u..
*my tablet is usually about +/-2,5 sec every time I shut it down, not reboot;
*autokiller helps to save memory, at least I can be sure I don't have to start a game level again because of an e-mail or something like this;
*a decent root file explorer letting you see hidden system directories is a must just because any minimal and safe modifications do improve performance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread