Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restart button?

Tip us?

rorytmeadows
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214

DONATE TO ME
Default Restart button?

Any recommendations for a restart button? I'm too lazy to power off then power on the device.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
RTM

XDA's #1 Apple hater

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Stock 4.4.2

speedy-ct
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quick Boot!! Nice app..

Fluffbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Does that actually reboo the tab?

I thought all it did was kill all running apps to 'simulate' a reboot.

It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).

rorytmeadows
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffbutt View Post
Does that actually reboo the tab?

I thought all it did was kill all running apps to 'simulate' a reboot.

It DOES need root access though (and I've not yet seen any point to rooting the A500).
It definitely reboots! The pro version has a mode that "simulates" a reboot, similar to what you're talking about.
RTM

XDA's #1 Apple hater

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Stock 4.4.2

anusthegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffbutt View Post

Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.

Fluffbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anusthegreat View Post
Although it's not the subject, I really wanted to note that rooting A500 does worth it for sure. I'm using ADFree, ClockSync, Autokiller, File Expert, NTFS mount, Root uninstaller and a few more root-required applications which add some epic user experience. Just consider unrooting your device back before installing any updates or system modifications. Cheers.
Yes, i wasn't trying to bring it up as a subject, just asking if rooting it was worth it for the reboot app.

I can see some people might want root, and the ADFree is probably one good reason. The rest don't interest me at all.

anusthegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I used to have a custom Darky's ROM on my previous Samsung Galaxy S, I had an extra power-off menu letting me choose Reboot or Shutdown or even Recovery or Download modes. Obviously, I was using the feature to reboot the device pretty often; I'd like to have a one-button widget rebooting my device properly.
Also, about the apps which don't interest u..
*my tablet is usually about +/-2,5 sec every time I shut it down, not reboot;
*autokiller helps to save memory, at least I can be sure I don't have to start a game level again because of an e-mail or something like this;
*a decent root file explorer letting you see hidden system directories is a must just because any minimal and safe modifications do improve performance