[HOW-TO]Fix your phone
Initially, this post was meant to fix people's phones after a bad restore from CWM, but now I'm changing it to be more general and pretty much be a guide for how to fix your phone from nearly any problem. The original reason for this post is this error:
-- bootmode=7 from cmdline...
-- Movi_check Start..!!
checksum confirmation need_checksum
Not need checksum confirmation
--Movi_check already executed!!...
# MANUAL MODE #
It was caused by a problem with /data and this guide helped fix that. Now that several other things have come along (leaks, voodoo, etc.) people are having a host of random errors show up with their phones. This guide will hopefully get you back to a working phone regardless of what is wrong with it. Take note though, that following this guide will delete all data not on the sdcard
. So, with that being said, here is how you can fix your phone.
1. Download one of the packages below as well as the PIT file.
2. Open up Odin, click PDA, and select the package you downloaded
3. Click on PIT and select the PIT file that you downloaded.
4. Get your phone into Download mode.
4a. Pull out the battery, hold down on Vol Down, and plug in the USB Cable while still holding the button.
4b. After you are in Download Mode, put the battery back into your phone. This increases the reliability of flashing with Odin
5. Make sure your phone is recognized in Odin
6. Check the box for Re-partition (Odin will fail if you check this and don't use the PIT file) and un-check the boxes for Auto-Reset and F. Reset Time.
7. Press "Start" and flash the package.
8. After it is finished flashing, take the battery out, unplug the USB cable, put the battery back in, and start up what should now be a working phone.
Download descriptions. There are 3 files linked to below. The first is the PIT file, and required for this. The PIT file is the partition information table. It tells your phone where different packages go on the phone, as well as how big partitions are on the phone. Without this information, Odin cannot properly re-partition your device. The next two files are more or less the same and you will only need one of the two, not both (unless you want them just for fun). There is ED1, which is what the phone initially shipped with, and ED2, the update that was released just after the phone was. The ED1 package may be a little bit smaller for those that are concerned about download size as it is compressed. However, you will need 7-zip or similar to extract it after downloading. Also note that this cannot be done with Heimdall
as Heimdall does not have the ability to re-partition your phone, thus, you need a Windows computer to be able to follow this procedure.
All packages are available here