Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME] Navy Wars (now in the Market)

Tip us?

BootsSiR
Old
(Last edited by BootsSiR; 2nd July 2011 at 08:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [GAME] Navy Wars (now in the Market)

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a multiplayer game for a little while now and it's about to the point where I need to get some more people using it. It's called Navy Wars and it's a turn based game where you try to take out your opponents fleet.

Here are a few screen shots:

The game is a work in progress, so there will be bugs and there will be changes. It was developed on a Nexus S, a Nexus One and a Nook Color. It hasn't had much exposure on other devices yet, so this should be a good test. If you run into any crashes, please email as much detail as you can to navywars@dogsbyte.net and also use the built in crash reporter being as detailed as you can be when submitting a report.

I think the game is pretty straight forward to play. If you register, post your username here so others can challenge you.

A few notes:
  • Just a heads up before you install the game, take note that it does use Google Analytics to collect anonymous usage data as well it can also send anonymous error reports to the server if an unexpected error occurs.
  • Also, this being a beta, there will be a reset of stats before the game goes public.
  • The final version will have a few undecided limitations with the option of purchasing the full game.
  • The beta version requires permissions to access your logs in the case of a crash!

Where to download

Live in Android Market
https://market.android.com/details?i...ots.betelgeuse

Edit: The game requires at least Android 2.2

Edit: Follow on twitter for updates! - http://twitter.com/#!/navywars

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BootsSiR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I just published a new build that fixed a situation where your device may not receive notifications
The Following User Says Thank You to BootsSiR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
any issues yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to BootsSiR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Overstew
Old
Thanks Meter 1654
This looks like Battleship. I'll try it out!

pizzaforbreakfast
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Mentioned some things in game chat, but another would be possibly some kind of fix so you can spin a ship if it's on the edge of the board.

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
My name is Boots in the game if anyone is looking for a match. I'll try and play as many games as I can

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaforbreakfast View Post
Mentioned some things in game chat, but another would be possibly some kind of fix so you can spin a ship if it's on the edge of the board.
You can drag it to "open water" and rotate it

Blou_Aap
Old
(Last edited by Blou_Aap; 6th June 2011 at 09:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
It is kind of funny that BootsSiR tried really hard not to mention that it's Battleship (well sort of).
You don't have to worry really, the game has never been properly patented (Hasbro own the board-game though).
Just Don't call it Battle Ships (Easy enough). Cool thing it's the same turn based style like words with friends and Wordfeud,
you are definitely onto something here, wish I could test and try it on my tablet (Honeycomb) but the link seems to be down .

EDIT: tried link via my 3G and it worked.
EDIT 2: Can't create Account. It doesn't matter what username I want to use, It's never available and won't let me
continue creating an account

Latest Timester

Samsung SGS
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v
Samsung R910 Galaxy Indulge
HTC Desire
Huawei U8150 IDEOS
iPad 1

Pbel (PTY) LTD 2011

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blou_Aap View Post
It is kind of funny that BootsSiR tried really hard not to mention that it's Battleship (well sort of).
You don't have to worry really, the game has never been properly patented (Hasbro own the board-game though).
Just Don't call it Battle Ships (Easy enough). Cool thing it's the same turn based style like words with friends and Wordfeud,
you are definitely onto something here, wish I could test and try it on my tablet (Honeycomb) but the link seems to be down .

EDIT: tried link via my 3G and it worked.
EDIT 2: Can't create Account. It doesn't matter what username I want to use, It's never available and won't let me
continue creating an account
Make sure your username is at least two characters long and is only letters and numbers. Let me know if that works

BootsSiR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Received a few good detailed error reports but a lot of ones with no user comments. Please leave as much detail as you can!