Tip us?

darrycowl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Charging issue when phone is turned off

Hi,

I hope I am on the right thread.

This issue started one week ago. I have a 4.1.83 (no root, no G-blur or any specific customization beside the ) just the stock Atrix phone.

When my phone is turned off, if I try to plug it into the wall with the moto charger the red Motorola logo came on, then disappear then came back on and keep doing that (on and off) - infinite rebooting loop. Before, the battery charge status would come on and the phone would charge fine.
Now it just does this unlimited reboot on the red M logo.

If i turn on the phone without the cable, the phone turns on fine and i can charge it with the wall charger after the phone is booted. But not when the phone is turned off.

Do you have any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

ZeroIsntTheHero
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Hmm... Is the charger the one specifically designed for your Atrix and you're sure you haven't done any tweaking to the phone?

darrycowl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Absolutely certain. Am using the original Charger and did not try to do anything special with the phone...I did not touch any system file nor tried to tweak anything.
Phone is 'stock' beside few apps I installed several weeks before the problem starts to occur.

CaelanT
Old
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrycowl View Post
Absolutely certain. Am using the original Charger and did not try to do anything special with the phone...I did not touch any system file nor tried to tweak anything.
Phone is 'stock' beside few apps I installed several weeks before the problem starts to occur.
If you had rooted, etc. I would say flash sbf and start over, but since you are stock, I would return it for a warranty replacement.

darrycowl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can I do that even if I have owned it for 3 months?
Thanks!

mutu310
Old
(Last edited by mutu310; 18th June 2011 at 09:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same exact problem but I have my mobile flashed, plus bought mine from eBay. Should it be a software issue?

CaelanT
Old
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can I do that even if I have owned it for 3 months?
Thanks!
You have one year warranty through Motorola. See warranty section in the following:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...014203002A.pdf

If the phone is defective, you are covered. If it's accidental damage, you would have to use your phone insurance through your carrier.

darrycowl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can't be accidental...Phone is working perfectly beside the charging issue and so far.
Only issue is it takes 1 full day to charge it from 10% to 100%

Last night I plugged my phone at 9pm (60%). It took 8 hours to have it fully charged...

Thanks for your reply, I guess I 'll check with ATT first :'( and Motorola then....

slayerx02
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you already try charging with the phone off through USB on your desktop or laptop? Maybe the wall charger is defective.

Do a backup and perform a factory restore to see if it fixes it before shipping it out for warranty.

Goodluck!

RogerPodacter
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Can't be accidental...Phone is working perfectly beside the charging issue and so far.
Only issue is it takes 1 full day to charge it from 10% to 100%

Last night I plugged my phone at 9pm (60%). It took 8 hours to have it fully charged...

Thanks for your reply, I guess I 'll check with ATT first :'( and Motorola then....
your battery and or phone is straight up defective, or something is wrong, needs to be replaced. no way should it take that long to charge. something go out of wack, and it sounds like faulty battery is failing, hence why it wont charge turned off AND takes forever to charge up when turned on.
My boring Github
My N1 Battery Project

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
ROM: AOKP 29 4.0.4
Recovery: CWM Touch

Tags
battery, charging issues