Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Semaphore 2.7.4 (CF-Root + Voodoo Snd v10 + OC/UV + BLN)

Tip us?
 
Grasfer
Old
#7661  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx80 View Post
install superuser from market
Thanks, now it works fine.
 
stratosk
Old
#7662  
stratosk's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 29221
Posts: 5,811
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Thessaloniki

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna9000 View Post
1. Does that mean that this kernel is ONLY for JW4 (and later)?

2. If "no": Does it has any advantage over 2.5.0 for users of older Firmware?
As Pikachu said no.
The major advantage is more available ram (starting from 366.4MB)
The Following User Says Thank You to stratosk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
EmDzei
Old
#7663  
EmDzei's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 120
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: F1nland
Cool Over voltage | abbreviations

My current kernel is v2.7.3.

Asking now that do I need to over voltage if over clocking to 1200 MHz? Or does the S05enable_oc_1200 script do it for me automatically?

Asking because I do not know how to solve my problem or where to start. Or do I need to set right "Low Memory Killer" value on Semaphore Script Manager (v0.74). Now I am using "80 MB (Game)".

Tested this kernel just with two games: Pinball Arcade and Jewels Star. Both will crash sooner or later; and then phone will boot. Kernel with 1000 MHz seems to work solid.


Second question. Didn't find any longer descriptions about those abbreviations (here at XDA or either from homepage):
  • 2.7.4bmfr
  • 2.7.4bm
  • 2.7.4sc
  • 2.7.4sbf
  • 2.7.4scbm

As I said my current kernel is form yesterday (2.7.3) and I am using Voodoo Sounds, Voodoo colour correcting, EXT4 partitions, over clocking 1200 MHz and BLN. What is right 2.7.4 for me, LOL?


Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505), FNB9 | Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350), BNE5


 
stratosk
Old
#7664  
stratosk's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 29221
Posts: 5,811
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Thessaloniki

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDzei View Post
My current kernel is v2.7.3.

Asking now that do I need to over voltage if over clocking to 1200 MHz? Or does the S05enable_oc_1200 script do it for me automatically?

Asking because I do not know how to solve my problem or where to start. Or do I need to set right "Low Memory Killer" value on Semaphore Script Manager (v0.74). Now I am using "80 MB (Game)".

Tested this kernel just with two games: Pinball Arcade and Jewels Star. Both will crash sooner or later; and then phone will boot. Kernel with 1000 MHz seems to work solid.


Second question. Didn't find any longer descriptions about those abbreviations (here at XDA or either from homepage):
  • 2.7.4bmfr
  • 2.7.4bm
  • 2.7.4sc
  • 2.7.4sbf
  • 2.7.4scbm

As I said my current kernel is form yesterday (2.7.3) and I am using Voodoo Sounds, Voodoo colour correcting, EXT4 partitions, over clocking 1200 MHz and BLN. What is right 2.7.4 for me, LOL?
I just named the variations with these variations to easy distinguish them.
sc -> Stock Color
bm -> Big Mem
fr -> FRont camera (or FRiends as I said in a previous post)
The others are combinations of them.

About the instabilities during overclocking. Please try to UNDERvolt 1200 by 25mv.
You may use Voltage Control application if you are not familiar with the scripts.
 
Jhowlett
Old
#7665  
Jhowlett's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 213
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhowlett View Post
Is the custom bootanimation supported in this version plz?the modified one or old file is working?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
Somebody to answer me plz?thx

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
http://data.imagup.com/member2/1170449024_Galaxy Family_3.jpg

Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 - TGP ROM v11.2

Galaxy Tab 2 7" P3110 - CyanogenMod 9.1.0


French topic on The Galaxy Project ROM? > Here <
 
mnazim
Old
#7666  
mnazim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6250
Posts: 1,066
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhowlett View Post
Somebody to answer me plz?thx

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
yes it does...
 
tibag777
Old
#7667  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 102
Join Date: Mar 2010
Stratosk, tell me please, can I change Conservative min sampling rate from 10000 to 40000 myself? Or only by developer?
 
be18
Old
#7668  
Member
Thanks Meter 231
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Hello!

Sorry to post here, just wanted to ask if anyone knows if is possible to use the browser from jw4 to see google maps api? I mean i use strava and i cant see my routes there, on ics it works.

Tks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to be18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mnazim
Old
#7669  
mnazim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6250
Posts: 1,066
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibag777 View Post
Stratosk, tell me please, can I change Conservative min sampling rate from 10000 to 40000 myself? Or only by developer?
Try NSTools...!
 
sajidmkhan
Old
#7670  
sajidmkhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 739
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nagpur

 
DONATE TO ME
It has some issue with superuser, cuz i test superuser as well as SuperSu but got same result in both, its hard to add superuser while cook the ROM, superuser is working when i installing after flashing ROM.

Hope Developer look into this matter, by this issue i didnt able to cook ROM with kernel.
Using
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with XWJW6 (2.3.6) HYBRID 15.0 & Semaphore 2.7.4
Nokia N900 with Meego 1.2
Nokia E71



Tags
auto brightness fix, best kernel, bln, cf-root, jvt, kernel, oc/uv, semaphore, sharpness fix, speedmod color, voodoo color, voodoo-sound
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes