[RECOVERY][MOD][Wildfire][02-Nov-2011] Clockwork 5.0.2.7.111102

Search This thread

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
First of all, this is not my work. I only compiled it.

This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Wildfire. For details, check out the link to j_r0dd's original thread for the Nexus S.

The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications. Can be installed with unrEVOked. Installs and works well according to users in this thread. Off-mode charging works according to t0mas_.

j_r0dd said:
This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods . We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

Original Nexus S thread with changelog here.

Download:
recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111102-j_r0dd_mod-buzz.zip
(old) recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111027-j_r0dd_mod-buzz.zip

Change log:

02-Nov-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
  • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo again (some bugfixes)
  • Added option to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache at the same time
27-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
  • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo (support for internal/external sdcard in backup/restore)
07-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.6):
  • Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
  • Added "Reboot Bootloader"
  • Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
  • Merged 5.0.2.6 sources from CM7 repo
  • Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
25-Sep-2011 (v5.0.2.3):
  • Updated to j_r0dd's 5.0.2.3 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
17-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
19-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
  • Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
20-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it. :)
21-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110621):
  • Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
  • Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
23-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110623):
  • Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
06-Jul-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110706):
  • Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
  • Some other commits from other devs in github
  • Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
17-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.0.110717):
  • Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 4.0.1.0 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
20-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.4.110720):
  • Bug fixes

Disclaimer
These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.

Source code available here.

Last edited:

prakka

Nov 7, 2009
Use it with unrevoked then custom recovery in the menu and use the image file in the zip

aggourodolmas

Sep 24, 2010
Athens
one silly question. I use as recovery clockwork 2.xxxx version for a long time now since I first rooted my device with Unrevoked tool. If I flash this new recovery or any other recovery with unrevoked will it create another superuser option that will conflict with the one that was created from the first root?

Reactions: krhyan2

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
one silly question. I use as recovery clockwork 2.xxxx version for a long time now since I first rooted my device with Unrevoked tool. If I flash this new recovery or any other recovery with unrevoked will it create another superuser option that will conflict with the one that was created from the first root?

Well, the recovery image itself doesn't touch superuser, but unrevoked will. I belive that you might be downgrading the superuser binary, but (at least for CM7) a reflash with the same zip without wiping anything should restore the superuser binary that was included in your ROM. It should work on other ROMs as well, as long as they're not wiping /data or /sd-ext while flashing for some reason. Make a nandroid backup before you consider flashing this recovery, that's my advice. :)

Reactions: aggourodolmas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, this is not my work. I only compiled it.

This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Wildfire. For details, check out the link to j_r0dd's original thread for the Nexus S.

The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications. Can be installed with unrEVOked. Installs and works well according to users in this thread. Off-mode charging works according to t0mas_.

j_r0dd said:
    This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods . We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

Original Nexus S thread with changelog here.

Download:
    recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111102-j_r0dd_mod-buzz.zip
    (old) recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111027-j_r0dd_mod-buzz.zip

Change log:

02-Nov-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo again (some bugfixes)
    • Added option to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache at the same time
    27-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo (support for internal/external sdcard in backup/restore)
    07-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.6):
    • Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
    • Added "Reboot Bootloader"
    • Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
    • Merged 5.0.2.6 sources from CM7 repo
    • Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
    25-Sep-2011 (v5.0.2.3):
    • Updated to j_r0dd's 5.0.2.3 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
    17-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
    19-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
    • Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
    20-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it. :)
    21-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110621):
    • Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
    • Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
    23-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110623):
    • Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
    06-Jul-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110706):
    • Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
    • Some other commits from other devs in github
    • Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
    17-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.0.110717):
    • Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 4.0.1.0 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
    20-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.4.110720):
    • Bug fixes

Disclaimer
    These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.

Source code available here.
    For anyone interested, here is a 5.0.2.8 stock version (compiled from CM sources)

www.mediafire.com/?s5cei1rwx1bto2n

Put it on root of the sdcard then run flash_image

Code:
    adb push buzz-recovery-5.0.2.8.img /sdcard/
    adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/buzz-recovery-5.0.2.8.img
    adb shell rm /sdcard/buzz-recovery-5.0.2.8.img
    Version 5.0.2.6

New version and changelog in the OP. Please test. :)
    Well my phone was installed and works well ...
    well not quite,the PC49IMG for cwm 5.0.2.0 contains cwm 4x thats why i made a new one myself. its really easy...... using a PC49IMG.zip you extract and delete the recovery.img and replace the cwm (renamed recovery.img) archive it as zip and your done.

R.V.3
    yep, clear, sry I've been referring to the not-PCIMG49-zips (I know about the false one because I flashed it myself lol)