Solving the Authentication Key Problem
I have no f* idea of what this does, or if it's legal, common, natural, whatever wherever you live. So if this does magic or can't be posted, tell me so i know
So IF VERIZON blames you for entering there... i don't care. My relationship with V ends when the logo goes off, but your case may be normal usage... or so.
WARNING!! As stated by some users, this may affect/disable your calling and messaging capabilities
. You have been prevented, test this only if you'r curious under your OWN RESPONSABILITY.
This is a summary of the issues and solving procedure from Zero2duo (thanks
calls out to ppl, i hear this "welcome to verizon, but we're sorry, we cannot authenticate your phone right now".
calls coming in, ppl calling go straight to voicemail...and i get a miss call on my end
just had a 20-30 min chat with verizon....got it sorted out, phone works again
turns out there system saw my old and new phones "active", so system was like "this phone number shows up twice" and then just put a block on the number
after the guy refreshed the system, phone works again
As i could read many times, there is a submenu inside the ##PROGRAMNITT menu from the phone called "AUTHENTICATION KEY".
Ok,so you need some code that you dont have hum....let's play a bit.
note: this does nothing and doesn't let you hack the device or make coffee for you, it's a crappy result.
Mmm well, to start, you need a *unknown* length password, which you don't know, and also other values that you can't get from the phone itself, but you can fetch with tools. The download list goes as:
- A-Key Calculator (http://www.superbank.ru/sms/
- From the old times, the QualcommDIAG (old driver) or the SPST usb driver, so we get a COM port for the device. Both can be found on the forum itself. The best option is the bitpim guide, so you can know how to set the com port and yak yak yak.
- Enter the ##PROGRAMNITT submenu and then activate the serial class mode within the "OTHER" submenu.
- Plug the kin
- Open revskills and set the port dropdown menu with your current phone com port (probably COM3)
- Go to the tab on this image, and press the "Read" button:
Write the ESN value (red square) / keep this window open.
- Open the A-key calculator, and input (write as is) the ESN value on the textbox (Note that it's a 8 hex char value, so put 0's on the left if doesnt). The right value will be updated while you type your ESN.
The result looks like this:
- Enter the "AUTHENTICATION KEY" submenu and type the updated value from A-key calculator & press "OK" button.
- Enjoy the... well does nothing for me so... who knows what's this for? unlocking the kin?
Note that i shadowed my values for security reasons... for the verizon customer, i guess, i dont use any of them :P.