Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Vote to get Powermat for Atrix!

OP bleuiko

7th June 2011, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

323 posts
If you want Powermat to make a cover for Atrix, voting here is a good start! I already added it under "Motorola Atrix":

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...8683&qa_ref=qd
WiredPirate
7th June 2011, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuiko

If you want Powermat to make a cover for Atrix, voting here is a good start! I already added it under "Motorola Atrix":

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...8683&qa_ref=qd

I voted for ya. Personal I think these things are a waste of money..
7th June 2011, 11:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

I voted for ya. Personal I think these things are a waste of money..

I agree with you
8th June 2011, 01:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMotorola

I agree with you

I'm on the fence about these things but I've seen the mat on sale for $9.99 which is worth it to me if the cover isn't too expensive.
8th June 2011, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 134

767 posts
They need one that works in a car. That would be handy.
8th June 2011, 04:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Laramie, WY
Thanks Meter: 268

770 posts
More
I've heard alot of horror stories about those powermats burning up devices because they overcharge the hell out of your battery.. Fire hazards too...
I agree with the two ppl who said they are a waste of money
8th June 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

180 posts
Overcharge the battery?? It works the same as regular charger, power goes from the pad to the case, to the usb port on the phone to charge. It's just replacing the cable with the pad/case.

The horror story will come next month when you realize you spent $100 extra on your electricity bill because of how HORRIBLY inefficient they are.
11th June 2011, 12:55 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
I bought a charging station and a case for my wife's iPhone for Christmas. The thing's such a pain to use she's stopped using it. She liked the look and feel of the case. Plus, for some reason, they put a different jack on the bottom (the phone's jack plugs into the case). So none of her iPhone jacks work with the case on. It's easy to remove but you shouldn't have to.

It's real finicky about where you place the phone. You usually wind up lifting and placing it down again ten times or more to get it to finally start charging. It's not convenient at all. The accessories that came with the pad work fine. Just drop them on and it starts so I'm guessing the case is the problem.

I have a standard dock which I use as a night clock so I have no need for one. The dock is much more convenient and useful.
Last edited by robrj; 11th June 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread